Developed to line large sheet metal ducts and plenums, this rigid, board-type insulation consists of black resin-bonded glass fibers with a smooth, durable black mat facing applied to the air stream surface. Perfect for applications where the ToughGard® surface is desired on a black fiberglass base mat.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Quiet Operation: ToughGard duct liner helps absorb equipment and air rush noises over a broad spectrum of sound. Noise is trapped and dissipated within the glass fiber matrix.
- Thermal Protection: All products offer excellent thermal-insulating properties and lower HVAC operating costs by reducing energy consumption. This saves natural resources and reduces emissions into the atmosphere.
- Water Repellency: The thermal properties of duct liner help control condensation, which helps improve indoor air quality by reducing unwanted moisture.
- Low Emitting: GREENGUARD Gold Certified.
- Low Air Resistance: The smooth ToughGard air stream surface offers low air resistance to deliver efficient HVAC system operation.
- Resists Microbial Growth: The air stream surface contains an EPA registered antimicrobial agent in order to reduce the potential of microbial growth that may affect this product. The antimicrobial properties are intended to only protect this product.
- Durable: The strength and resiliency of the ToughGard surface provides outstanding resistance against puncturing, tearing and other damage during fabrication, installation, and periodic system maintenance.
- Long-lasting and Non-corrosive: Inert fiberglass will not deteriorate or provide sustenance for vermin or rodents, and it will not corrode the sheet metal it insulates.
- Cleanability: The smoothness and durability of all ToughGard duct liner products means an extremely cleanable surface during the life of the duct system. The surface of each product can be easily and effectively cleaned with industry-recognized duct cleaning equipment and procedures as outlined in the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association (NAIMA) Duct Cleaning Guide. Proper design, filtration, maintenance and operation of the HVAC system will reduce the need for cleaning.
Click links to access technical specifications, safety data sheets and documents.
All fabrication, application and installation steps shall be in accordance with the requirements of the NAIMA Fibrous Glass Duct Liner standard, or the SMACNA HVAC Duct Construction standard and the project specification. Refer to CertainTeed installation manuals or CertainTeed specification sheets for installation guidelines.
An inspection and preventative maintenance program for the HVAC system is recommended to ensure optimum performance. Insulation should be kept clean and dry during shipping, storage, installation and system operation.
Please refer to the CertainTeed ToughGard Limited Lifetime Warranty
CertainTeed insulation products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on foreign oil and lower greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, the recycled content of CertainTeed fiber glass insulation meets the EPA minimum Recovered Material Guideline for fiberglass products consisting of preconsumer and post-consumer glass cullet. CertainTeed Sustainable Insulation is GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.