Effective Date: May 2022
CertainTeed and its North America affiliates, including but not limited to CertainTeed Ceilings, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc., CertainTeed Canada Gypsum, Inc., and CertainTeed Canada, Inc. (collectively, the "Company") respect your privacy. We have adopted the following policies and procedures to ensure that any information you provide to us on the CertainTeed Web Site and the CertainTeed Connect Web Site (the "Site") is treated appropriately and with your full knowledge and consent. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to explain what information we may collect from you and how this information may be used.
What type of personal information is collected on this Site and how is it used?
Certain areas of the Site may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. These requests are limited to specific activities on the Site where the use of such information is necessary such as to process an online transaction or respond to a request for product literature or send your contact information to a service professional of your choosing. Your participation in these activities is completely optional.
- Requests for Literature or Other Information. In many cases we offer additional information about the products and services described on the Site. To request this information, you must supply us with certain contact information such as your name, mailing address and email address.
- Registration, Ordering and Transaction Information. Certain transactional information must be supplied to the Company to permit access to the Site and to place an order such as your name, your company name, shipping address, email address and certain financial information (e.g., Purchase Order Number, Purchase Order Date). This information is used solely for permission to access the Site, order, billing and collection purposes. You may have an option to input certain materials or information, or otherwise communicate with the Company. Information that you supply, or communications you may make to the Company, may include your name, city, state, zip code and email address, and information pertinent to your interests. The Company will use this information to assist you or improve its service to you. The contact information may also be used by us in connection with certain marketing activities such as a promotion or new product announcements. The Company will refrain from making these types of communications to customers who have opted out of these programs as described further below. Customers can opt-out of these communications via their account preferences on the site, as well as in the e-mail communications.
- For additional information on opting-out of communications, customers may contact CertainTeed.Connect@saint-gobain.com.
- Site Use Data. The Company may also collect other information from customers and visitors to the Site such as the user’s IP address, domain name, length of time spent on the Site, and the pages accessed during each visit to the Site. The Company uses this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
How will the Company protect your personal information?
We will not share your personal information with third parties (aside from entities that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, that either are bound to comply with our Privacy Statement or have privacy policies that protect your information) without your permission.
Certain information supplied by you to our Site may be password-protected, and you should take appropriate measures to protect the secrecy of your password. If you use a computer in a public place or share a computer with others, remember to sign out and close your browser window when you finish accessing our Site in order to prevent others from accessing your personal information. You are solely responsible for the control and use of each password you create.
The Company may disclose information you have provided to us if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on the Company; or (2) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company.
If we gather demographic information from you (for example, your age, education level or household income), we will not share that information in a manner that identifies you as an individual with any other entity, unless we let you know that at the time of collection. When we share demographic information with third parties, we will give them aggregate information only. What are "Cookies" and does this Site use them?
What security measures are employed by this Site?
The Company has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. These include a firewall to prevent unauthorized access to our systems and maintenance of registration information in a separate database. Although we will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet. We will protect the transmission of credit card and other transactional information through industry standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
Data Collected from Other Sources
We may receive data about you from sources other than from CertainTeed sites , such as third-party partners, email campaigns, public sources, and marketing partners. Such third-party data may include demographic information, company information, intent data, and personal data such as contact details. We may also generate or receive predicted data about business users such as characteristics, interests, or business buying behavior.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Our Third Party Vendors
What about your links to other web sites? Is my information protected by these sites?
This Site may contain links to other web sites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. The Company encourages our users to be aware when they leave this Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by this Site. Additionally, the existence of any external link or external request for information does not suggest that we are endorsing the linked or external company or its products or services.
Do Not Track
The Site does not support Do Not Track at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
Access to Your Personal Data; Questions and Comments
A Special Note about Children
This Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. The Company does not intend to collect any personal information or data from individuals that identify themselves as children under the age of 13. If the Company becomes aware that information from a child under the age of 13 has been submitted to this Site, we will respond to the inquiry, and, when appropriate, delete all personally identifiable information (including email address) concerning that child from our records. That information will not be used for any other purpose, nor will it be disclosed to any other parties. If a parent believes that his or her child has submitted personal information to this Site, you are encouraged to contact us via the Contact Us form on the site. We believe parents should supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a kid-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from otherwise disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Your use of the Site, including any dispute concerning privacy, is subject to this Privacy Statement and the Company’s Terms and Conditions of Use. By using this Site, you are accepting the practices set out in this Statement and those Terms.
California Policy Privacy
Saint-Gobain Corporation, together with all its other North America Affiliates including but not limited to CertainTeed LLC and its North America affiliates, including but not limited to CertainTeed Ceilings Corporation, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc., and CertainTeed Canada, Inc., and also Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corporation, Saint-Gobain Ceramics & Plastics, Inc., Saint-Gobain Abrasives, Inc., Vetrotech Saint-Gobain North America, Inc., Saint-Gobain Adfors America, Inc., Saint-Gobain Solar Gard LLC, and Sage Electrochromics, Inc. (collectively, the "Company") respect your privacy. Our privacy commitments are fundamental to the way we run our business. These commitments apply to everyone who has a relationship with us - including customers, partners and website visitors.
Types of Information Collected
Saint-Gobain may directly or indirectly collect the following categories of Personal Information about Consumers:
• Identification and contact information: Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
• Payment information: Name, signature, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, card issuer and card type, expiration date, CVV code, billing address, or any other financial information.
• Commercial purchase and order information: Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, and any communications we have received about your order or purchase
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a Consumer's interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
• Preference information: your account settings including preferred contact channel and types of services/offers that interest you.
• Geolocation data.
• Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or similar information.
• Sensitive Personal Information: such as your driver's license number, state identification card, and biometric data; combination of email address, financial account, debit card, or credit card with security or access code, password, or other credentials allowing access to your account.
• Internet network and device information: IP address, internet provider, operating system and browser used, domain names of the computers you use to visit our Website, type of device, such as laptop or smart phone, log files, URIs (Uniform Resource Identifiers) of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical status code of the server reply (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters concerning the user's operating system and computer environment, and/or device cookie settings and other device details, such as MAC address.
• Information automatically collected from your browser: when you use the Website, some data is automatically transferred from your browser to our server, including your browser type, operating system type or mobile device model, viewed webpages, links that are clicked, the keystrokes typed, movement of the mouse or pointer, IP address, mobile device identifier or other unique identifier, sites or apps visited before coming to our Website, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Website and the pages visited, the number of times you return, or other click-stream or site usage data, and emails we send that you open, forward, or click through to our Website.
• Legal information: fraud checks or flags raised about your transactions, payment card refusals, suspected crimes, complaints and/or claims.
• Social Media Information: if you interact with us through a social media service or log in using social media credentials, depending on your social media settings, we may have access to your information from that social network such as your name, email address, age, gender, and location.
• Inferences drawn from any personal information: to create a profile about a Consumer reflecting the Consumer's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Sources of personal information
Saint-Gobain collects the personal information described above from the following categories of sources:
• From you directly, when you provide us with information over our Sites or in person, in applications or questionnaire responses you submit in connection with one of our products or services, when you provide information about yourself to one of our employees.
• From you when you contact customer service.
• From others on your behalf, such as when you are named as a beneficiary or emergency contact of one of our employees or associated with a policy held by one of our clients.
• From our Sites technology’s interaction with your browser or devices.
• From data aggregators who provide us with information about individuals in order for us to understand who may be interested in our products or services.
• From public records or published databases.
Use of Collected Information
Saint-Gobain collects the personal information described above for a variety of business purposes. Saint-Gobain uses the personal information to:
• Fulfill your orders for goods and services;
• Provide customer support in response to your communications with us;
• Communicate with you about your orders, your account, and your requests for information
• Enable you to access our services;
• Send you updates about new products and offers that may be of interest to you;
• Complete a particular transaction or fulfill a service;
• Validate, confirm, verify, deliver, install, and track your order, including to arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds;
• Maintain a record of the purchases you make;
• Service products you purchased from us,
• Enhance your online shopping experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Sites;
• Personalize your experience and provide you with customized Site or App content;
• Create a session replay that shows your visit to our site;
• Protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
• Provide our products and services to you and activities related to our provision of such products and services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, or providing analytics services;
• Improve, upgrade, or enhance our products and services;
• Provide you with information about products and services that we and other businesses may provide that we think may be of interest to you;
• Detect security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing functionality;
• For research and analysis purposes.
When Information is Disclosed
Saint-Gobain may share the personal information described above with the following categories of third parties:
We share your personal information with our service providers to assist us in providing our products and services to you, including service providers that:
• provide specialized services to us (such as helping us to maintain and manage our customer information, communicate with our customers, service our website, fulfill orders, etc.)
• host our databases, infrastructure and websites;
• provide analytics services to help us understand the activity on our website;
• assist us with marketing and communications with our clients or potential clients;
• assist us to analyze and understand the financial status and needs of our client base;
• assist us with the financial, regulatory and legal aspects of our business,
• assist us with quote and estimates specific to particular individuals interested in our products or services;
• assist us with event planning; and
• assist us with data security and privacy.
• With courts or governmental entities as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process.
Saint-Gobain has not sold Personal Information about Consumers, or shared it with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising, in the twelve (12) months prior to the Effective Date of this Policy. We do not use or disclose
sensitive personal information, as defined in applicable laws, for any purposes other than those permitted by applicable law.
The CCPA provides specific privacy rights to California residents with respect to your Personal Information:
Right to Know
A Consumer may request that a business that sells the Consumer's personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose, disclose to that Consumer:
1. The categories of personal information that the business collected about the Consumer.
2. The categories of personal information that the business sold about the Consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
Right to Request Deletion
A Consumer has the right to request that a business delete any personal information about the Consumer which the business has collected from the Consumer. If it is necessary for Saint-Gobain to maintain the personal information for certain purposes, Saint-Gobain is not required to comply with your deletion request. If we determine that we will not delete your personal information when you request us to do so, we will inform you and tell you why we are not deleting it.
Right to Correct Personal Information You can correct personal information about you that you believe to be inaccurate by filling out this online form or you may submit a request as set forth below.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to opt-out of the selling or sharing of your personal information as defined by state law.
How to Submit a Request
To exercise any of the CCPA rights described above, you must submit a verifiable Consumer request to us by contacting Saint-Gobain through one of the following methods:
• Calling 800-233-8990 or filling out the following online form.
You may submit a request twice in any 12-month period.
To submit a verifiable Consumer request, you will be asked to provide certain information to help us verify your identity by asking you to provide additional information that we can match to our files. The information we ask you to provide to initiate a request may differ depending upon the type of request, the type, sensitivity and value of the personal information that is the subject of the request, and the risk of harm to you that may occur as a result of unauthorized access or deletion, among other factors. In certain circumstances, we may also require you to provide a written declaration that you are who you say you are. We also may use a third-party verification provider to verify your identity.
You may make a verifiable Consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Upon request, your authorized agent must provide proof of identity and authority to speak on your behalf.
We will endeavor to honor such requests unless such a request conflicts with certain lawful exemptions under California’s consumer privacy law. If we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request, we will not be able to comply with your request. We will inform you if we cannot verify your identity or authority. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable Consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
A Consumer has the right not to be discriminated against because the Consumer exercised any of the Consumer's rights under the CCPA. Saint-Gobain may charge a Consumer a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to the Consumer, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to the Consumer by the Consumer's data.
Contact for More Information
Attn: Saint-Gobain Privacy Requests
20 Moores Road
Malvern, PA 19355
Effective Date: January 1, 2023
The purpose of this Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is to inform individuals who apply for employment with Saint-Gobain Corporation, and its U.S. subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “SGNA” or “we” or “us”) of the categories of Personal Information (defined below) that we may receive and the purposes for which we may use such Personal Information. This notice is intended to comply with all applicable laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA). If any provision below conflicts with a legal requirement, then SGNA will comply with the applicable law.
1. Collection and Use of Candidate Personal Information
SGNA receives, uses, and discloses Personal Information about job candidates for business purposes only and consistent with applicable laws. Where SGNA may disclose such Personal Information to third parties, it does so only and consistent with applicable laws and for the same business purposes described below. Where appropriate, SGNA requires that such parties maintain its confidentiality – including the maintenance of appropriate systems and processes that ensure the confidentiality, security and protection of Personal Information. Please see below table for a list of Personal Information by ‘Category’ and possible ‘Uses.’
|Category of Personal Information
|How We Use It
|Contact information: such as your name, home and work address, personal and work telephone numbers, personal and work email addresses.
|We will use this information to open and maintain candidate records and communicate with you regarding your interest in a job opportunity with us, your application for employment, or updates on your candidacy.
|Job-related information and qualifications: such as position applied for, work experience, education, awards, qualifications, certificates, licenses, financial relationships, and any other information you choose to provide in your resumes and/or applications.
We will use this information to assess your suitability for a position at SGNA and to determine any actual or potential conflict of interest.
Additional Sources of Personal Information: Third-party references, credit agencies, or entities verifying work authorization.
|National identification information: such as your country of birth or the country where you are a registered national or citizen, and any visa or other right to work.
We will use this information to determine your eligibility to work, applicable benefits, financial draws/taxes, and fulfill our obligations to relevant government authorities.
Additional Sources of Personal Information: Third-party entities verifying work authorization.
|Travel-related records: such as frequent flyer numbers, itineraries, flight, train, rental car, car service, hotel, or other similar information.
|We will use this information to arrange or reimburse travel where you require travel to interview with us or in connection with your candidacy for employment, contact you during travel, as necessary with travel service providers, or in an emergency.
|Results of background checks and screening: such as education verification and criminal records and driver’s license checks.
We will use this to determine your suitability for certain job roles (to the extent permitted or required by law).
Additional Sources of Personal Information: Third-party entities that conduct and report on background checks and screening.
|References: such as opinions and comments of any previous employers.
We will use this to determine your suitability for certain job roles. References will only be contacted if you give us permission to do so.
Additional Sources of Personal Information: Third-party references.
|Sensitive personal information, insofar as necessary and legally permitted, such as Social Security, driver’s license, state identification, or passport number; your race and ethnicity.
Equal opportunities monitoring information: We will use this information, such as your race, ethnicity, and gender, which you would provide only on a voluntary basis, to conduct equal opportunity and diversity monitoring where permitted or required by law.
Additional Sources of Personal Information: Third-party references, credit agencies, or entities verifying work authorization.
2. Additional Purposes for Using Personal Information
In addition to the uses set forth above, SGNA may use and share the categories of Personal Information identified:
- To comply with applicable legal and regulatory requests and obligations (including investigations).
- To establish or defend legal claims and allegations.
- For security or the prevention, detection, or investigation of fraud, suspected or actual illegal activity, violations of company policy or rules, or other misconduct.
- To seek advice from lawyers, auditors, and other professional advisers.
3. Sensitive Personal Information
Your sensitive personal information will not be used for any additional purposes that are incompatible with the purposes listed above unless we provide you with notice of those additional purposes.
4. No Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information or your sensitive personal information, nor do we share it with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising.
5. Record Retention
6. Your Privacy Rights
SGNA complies with laws and regulations that permit certain requests related to your data in our files, including, but not limited to, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The CCPA provides California residents with the following rights regarding their Personal Information:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom SGNA discloses personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information SGNA has collected about you.
- The right to correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request deletion of personal information we have collected from you.
You may exercise these rights by contacting SGNA as described in the “Questions” section below. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by contacting us as described below. In order to protect your data from unauthorized access or alteration by third parties, all requests regarding your personal information will be subject to verification of the identity of the requesting individual. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable request within forty‑five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to forty‑five (45) days), we will inform you in writing.
If you have any questions about this Notice, or to request this Notice in another format, please contact Employee-Experience@saint-gobain.com or at (484) 319-8279.