The Apollo® Tile II solar roofing system packs powerful solar energy production into a sleek, low-profile roofing system. Featuring solar tiles that are engineered to be installed with a new or existing concrete tile roof, Apollo Tile II offers clean energy without the bulky look of rack mounted solar systems.
- Beauty: Apollo Tile II is designed to match the profile of flat concrete tiles, visually blending into your roof for a look that a standard rack-mounted system cannot match. A black solar laminate with a custom colored frame, it perfectly complements a variety of earth-toned tile colors.
- Efficiency: 14 high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon solar cells provide a power rating of 70 watts per solar tile.
- Simple Installation: No need to find rafters or waterproof penetrations to your roof system. Solar tiles are installed directly into the roof sheathing or battens using standard deck screws. Fastening points are covered by subsequent solar tiles, the same way concrete tiles are installed.
- Lightweight: No need for structural reinforcements or analysis. At three pounds per square foot, the Apollo Tile II system weighs substantially less than a tile roof.
- Durable: Apollo Tile II solar tiles withstand up to 250 pounds per square foot.
- Wind Resistant: The Apollo Tile II system can be installed in any wind zone, including Florida's high velocity hurricane zone.
- Watertight: Water channels and raised fastener locations provide added protection against water intrusion. With more than 110 years of roofing experience, we know how to keep water out of your home.
Get Inspired and Learn More
Apollo® Tile II undergoes rigorous testing to ensure that it functions not just as your roof, but also your source of efficient, clean energy. We test to the same rigorous wind, wind-driven rain and fire testing that CertainTeed's shingles are subjected to. Extended internal reliability testing ensures that your system will generate power reliability for 25 years.
Applying a solar roofing system correctly is essential to the safety, protection of your property as well as the performance of the system. Backed by more than 110 years of excellence in the roofing industrty, CertainTeed provides a comprehensive set of installation instructions and trains each of our solar installers on proper installation techniques. CertainTeed-credentialed solar installers are selected to ensure the highest quality workmanship and we back their installation of your Apollo Tile II system for up to 25 years. Find out more by contacting a CertainTeed-credentialed solar installer here.
Interested in becoming a CertainTeed-credentialed solar installer? Learn more about the requirements and benefits for Credentialed Solar Installers and Master Solar Installers.
You count on your solar system to generate electricity reliably for a long time - 25 years. How many solar companies do you know that have been in business for even half of the time? CertainTeed has been delivering high quality products to the building industry since 1904. We will be around to honor your warranty!
Please take the time to understand how CertainTeed protects your purchase by standing behind our products and the professional installation of those products by our Credentialed Solar Installers. To discuss this in greater detail, contact a CertainTeed Credentialed Solar Installer in your area.
|APOLLO TILE II WARRANTY||COVERAGE|
|Solar Tile Power Output*||25 years|
|All other components supplied by CertainTeed||10 years|
|110 mph wind warranty||10 years|
* Power output warranties reflect how a module performs under standard lab test conditions. Environmental factors like high temperatures, low-light conditions, and shading contribute to differences in output on the roof as compared with standard lab test conditions.
** Communications hardware is warranted for 5 years.
When an Apollo II system is installed by a CertainTeed-credentialed solar installer, the professional installer of the system is warranted as follows:
|Credentialed Solar Installer||15 years|
|Master Solar Installer||25 years|
You may request that the solar installer provide their certificate, or visit www.certainteed.com/find-a-pro to confirm their installer status.