The Apollo® II system is the pinnacle of roof-integrated energy production, using high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon solar cells to capture the most energy per square foot of any solar shingle. Apollo II also functions as your roof, generating clean power while protecting your home from water intrusion.
Features and Benefits
The Apollo II system is a versatile solution for power and aesthetics when installed directly on a new or existing asphalt shingle roof.
- Beauty: An all-black solar shingle with a low profile visually blends into your roof and provides a clean look which a standard rack-mounted system cannot match.
- Efficiency: 14 high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon solar cells provide a power rating of 63 watts per solar shingle.
- Simplicity: No need to find rafters. Apollo II solar shingles are installed directly into the roof sheathing using standard deck screws.
- Lightweight: No need for structural reinforcements or analysis. The Apollo II system weighs about as many pounds per square foot as a typical asphalt shingle.
- Durable: Even though Apollo II shingles are lightweight, they are designed to be strong. The solar shingles have been tested and rated to withstand 250 pounds per square foot.
- Wind resistant: The Apollo II system achieves the highest wind rating available for roofing materials and can be installed in wind zones of up to 150 miles per hour.
- Watertight: Water channels and raised fastener locations provide added protection against water intrusion. With over 110 years in the roofing industry, you can be assured that CertainTeed knows how to keep water out of your home.
Get Inspired and Learn More
Apollo® II undergoes rigorous testing to ensure that it functions not just as your roof, but also your source of efficient, clean energy. The Apollo II system has been tested to and passes the same wind, wind-driven rain and fire testing that CertainTeed's shingles are subjected to. CertainTeed's internal reliability testing exceeds the standards that most modules are tested to in order to ensure that your system will generate power reliably for 25 years.
Applying a solar roofing system correctly is essential to the safety, warranty and performance of the system. Backed by over 110 years of excellence in the roofing industry, CertainTeed has developed a comprehensive set of installation instructions specifically for the Apollo II system and trains each Solar Credentialed Installer on proper installation techniques. CertainTeed's Credentialed Solar Installers are selected to ensure the highest quality workmanship and we back that up with a 15-year workmanship warranty on the installation of your Apollo II system. There is not another solar provider with CertainTeed's pedigree and history which offers warranties on both the product and the professional installation of the system. View a listing of CertainTeed's Credentialed Solar Installers in your area.
You count on your solar system to generate electricity reliably for a long time – 25 years. How many solar companies do you know that have been in business for even half of that time? CertainTeed has been delivering high quality products to the building industry since 1904. We will be around to honor your warranty!
Please take the time to understand how CertainTeed protects your purchase by standing behind our products and the professional installation of those products by our Credentialed Solar Installers. To discuss this in greater detail, contact a CertainTeed Credentialed Solar Installer in your area.
|APOLLO II WARRANTY||COVERAGE|
|Solar Shingle Power Output*||25 years|
|Inverter **||10 years|
|All other components supplied by CertainTeed||25 years|
|110 mph wind warranty||10 years|
* Power output warranties reflect how a module performs under standard lab test conditions. Environmental factors like high temperatures, low-light conditions, and shading contribute to differences in output on the roof as compared with standard lab test conditions.
** Communications hardware is warranted for 5 years
When an Apollo II system is installed by a CertainTeed-credentialed solar installer, the professional installation of the system is warranted as follows:
|Credentialed Solar Installer||15 years|
|Master Solar Installer||25 years|
You may request that the solar installer provide their certificate, or visit www.certainteed.com/find-a-pro to confirm their installer status.