NorthGate ClimateFlex designer shingles offer the beauty and dimensionality of wood shake roofing in the form of a durable, polymer-modified asphalt. This results in high-quality roofing that offers enhanced resistance to damaging hail and superior surface granule adhesion (compared to standard asphalt shingles), as well as all-weather performance that protects a home year-round in any climate.
The rubberizing aspects of ClimateFlex technology provide enhanced cold-weather pliability, allowing contractors to handle and install NorthGate ClimateFlex in low temperatures that make standard shingles stiff and brittle.
About ClimateFlex Technology
ClimateFlex technology blends rubberizing polymers with our premium roofing asphalt to create a tough and flexible product that provides long-lasting performance against the elements.
Features & Benefits
- Class 4 impact resistance, the highest rating available
- Greater cold-weather flexibility*
- Increased granule adhesion*
- Enhanced crack resistance*
- Better weatherability*
- Shrink resistance
*compared to standard (non-polymer-modified) asphalt roofing shingles
Due to variation in computer monitors and printers, the color samples seen on your computer screen may not exactly match the corresponding color. To verify actual product color, ask to see the actual product, available through a CertainTeed contractor or distributor.
ClimateFlex® Polymer-Modified Shingle Technology
Get Inspired and Learn More
- Class 4 impact resistance rating
- Two-piece laminated fiberglass-based construction
- Classic shades and dimensional appearance of natural wood or slate
Applying a roof system correctly is essential to the warranty and performance of the roof. Please refer to the installation instructions for complete details. Available in both English and Spanish.
CertainTeed warrants that its shingles will be free from manufacturing defects, and provides the extra assurance of SureStart™ protection. Below are the highlights of the warranty for NorthGate SBS modified asphalt shingle.
Because of its uncompromised strength, NorthGate offers one of the industry's most comprehensive warranties:
- Lifetime limited transferable warranty against manufacturing defects on residential applications
- 50-year limited transferable warranty against manufacturing defects on group-owned or commercial applications
- 15-year StreakFighter® algae-resistance warranty
- 10-year SureStart™ protection
- Wind warranty upgrade to 130 mph available. CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip and ridge required
See actual warranty for specific details and limitations