For interior use as a veneer plaster substrate.
CertainTeed Veneer Plaster Base is an interior gypsum board with a specially formulated face paper for use under gypsum veneer plaster. It consists of a solid set, fire-resistive gypsum core enclosed in a highly absorptive paper surface. CertainTeed Veneer Plaster Base is available in a variety of lengths and widths.
- Thickness: 1/2" (12.7 mm), 5/8" (15.9 mm) Type X, Type C
- Lengths: 8' to 12' standard
- Widths: 4' (1220 mm) standard
- Edges: Square and Tapered
- Paper: 100% recycled Ivory colored face paper and strong liner back paper.
- Weight: 2.3 lb/ft2 (11.2 kg/m2)
- Packaging: Two pieces per bundle; face-to-face and end-taped.
Special widths, lengths or edges may be available on special order. Consult your CertainTeed sales representative.
- Meets ASTM C1396, Type X standards.
- Surface Burning Characteristics: CertainTeed Veneer Plaster Base Type X Gypsum Board has a Flame Spread rating of 15 and Smoke Developed rating of 0, in accordance with ASTM E84, (UL 723, UBC 8-1, NFPA 255, CAN/ULC-S102). "UL Classified for Fire Resistance (ANSI/UL 263; ASTM E119) and listed under UL File No. CKNX.R3660" Consult the GA-600 Fire Resistance Design Manual or UL Fire Resistance Directory, Volume 1 for specific information regarding the construction of fire resistance rated assemblies.
For complete Technical Data, please see Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
See important Fire Safety Information.
CertainTeed Regular Gypsum Board accepts most types of paints, textures and wall covering materials. The surface shall be primed and sealed with a full-bodied latex primer before applying a final decorative material. This will equalize the suction between the joint compounds and the paper surface. For best painting results, all surfaces, including joint compound, should be clean, dust-free and not glossy. If glossy paints are used, a thin skim coat of compound over the entire surface, Level 5 finish, is recommended to reduce highlighting or joint photographing. This method is also recommended for areas of critical sidelighting of natural or artificial light sources. A sealer application under wallpaper or other wall coverings is also recommended so the board surface will not be damaged if the covering is subsequently removed during redecorating. Joint treatment must be thoroughly dry before proceeding with primer-sealer application and final decoration. Applicable Standards and References ASTM C840 GA-216 GA-214 Consult the GA-600 Fire Resistance Design Manual or UL Fire Resistance Directory, Volume 1 for specific information regarding the construction of fire resistance rated assemblies.
Please see the attached document for complete warranty details.
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- Type X and Easi-lite
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.