SilentFX® Noiseproofing Sealant is an acoustical caulk used to fill gaps between walls and floors and around electrical outlets, light fixtures,windows, and doors to stop sound from traveling through an open gap.
SilentFX Noiseproofing sealant is used to seal gaps between drywall and floors as well as spaces around electrical boxes, light fixtures, or any spots in the wall where the drywall ends. Typical applications are for wall, floor and ceiling systems to significantly reduce unwanted sound transmission.
- Material: Light Paste
- Colour: White
- Packaging: 828 ml (28 oz.) tubes
- Coverage: 12 – 24 m (40 – 80 linear ft.) per 828 ml (28 oz.) tube
- Shelf Life: One year
- Working Temperature: 4°C to 32°C (40°F to 90°F)
- Storage: 4°C to 37.8°C (40° to 100°F)
- Drying Time: 48 hours
- VOC: < 0.1 g/l voc
For complete technical data please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
- Make sure the surfaces to be sealed are clean and free of debris.
- Cut 6.4 mm (1/4") hole at end of tube above threading, attach nozzle to cartridge, and cut hole in nozzle. Size hole in nozzle according to size of gap to be filled, not to exceed 9.5 mm (3/8").
- Pull trigger to dispense sealant into joints between wall and adjoining surface.
- Allow 48 hours for drying before applying drywall mud or paint.
- Clean tools immediately after each use with warm, soapy water then wipe the tool surfaces dry to prevent rust. Leftover compound should be sealed and stored appropriately.
Since methods and condition of application such as temperature, humidity and over thinning are beyond our control, CertainTeed Gypsum Canada, Inc. (CertainTeed) will not be responsible for the failure of this Product when the Product is not used according to directions and specifications and accepted standards of procedure inherent in drywall application; or when reasonable allowance is not made by the user for adverse weather and job conditions. However, if this product proves to be defective, maximum liability shall be limited to replacement of the material only or refund of the purchase price. This shall be the full limit whatsoever of CertainTeed’s liability. All claims shall be submitted in writing to CertainTeed within thirty days from the date of discovery. Provincial or Federal laws may provide rights in addition to this warranty that cannot be modified or excluded.
CertainTeed Gypsum is committed to sustainability. Our manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, provide regional material coverage and operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes reclamation, preservation of natural resources, recycling and waste management.