CertainTeed SilentFX® Noiseproofing Putty is a moldable acoustical putty pad designed to enhance the performance of acoustically rated drywall by completely sealing electrical outlet boxes, ducts, cables, etc. that could jeopardize acoustic-rated wall assemblies.
SilentFX Noiseproofing Putty adheres to common construction materials to prevent sound leakage and can assist in achieving STC ratings of 57/64 in single/double layer drywall assemblies.
- Material: Moldable putty
- Colour: White
- Packaging: 8 sheets/box
- Size: 152 mm x 203 mm (6" x 8")
- Weight: 1.73 g/cm3 (1 oz/in3)
- Minimal shrinkage: will not dry out
- SilentFX Noiseproofing Putty does not require any tools to install. Ensure the electrical boxes, switches or similar wall penetrations are clean and installed correctly. Take off all release paper from the pad. Starting at one side of the outlet box, apply the pliable pad and overlap the putty onto the stud. Shape the putty completely around the outlet, including any connected cables, so that the outlet box is sealed against the stud with no exposed surface areas.
- Clean tools immediately after each use with warm, soapy water then wipe the tool surfaces dry to prevent rust. Leftover compound should be sealed and stored appropriately.
Since methods and condition of application such as temperature, humidity and over thinning are beyond our control, CertainTeed Gypsum Canada, Inc. (CertainTeed) will not be responsible for the failure of this Product when the Product is not used according to directions and specifications and accepted standards of procedure inherent in drywall application; or when reasonable allowance is not made by the user for adverse weather and job conditions. However, if this product proves to be defective, maximum liability shall be limited to replacement of the material only or refund of the purchase price. This shall be the full limit whatsoever of CertainTeed’s liability.
All claims shall be submitted in writing to CertainTeed within thirty days from the date of discovery. Provincial or Federal laws may provide rights in addition to this warranty that cannot be modified or excluded.