M2Tech® Moisture and Mold Resistant Shaftliner Type X is a 1" thick and 2’ wide gypsum shaftliner and coreboard with a fire resistive core enclosed in a moisture and mold resistant light blue-grey paper for use in Shaftwall and Area Separation Firewall systems where enhanced mold resistance is preferred. M2Tech Shaftliner is available in a variety of lengths.
For a detailed description, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
In Shaftwall Systems, M2Tech® Shaftliner allows for one side construction eliminating the need for extensive scaffolding, providing rapid and increased ease of installation, reducing overall construction time as well as providing a cost effective system. M2Tech® Shaftliner is lighter weight than masonry fire wall systems and reduces wall thickness increasing the floor area while providing fire-resistance rating up to three hours.
For detailed information, please see the "M2Tech® Shaftliner for Gypsum Shaftwalls" brochure.
Area Separation Firewalls
Using M2Tech® Shaftliner in Area Separation Wall assemblies provides an economical and efficient installation, eliminates the need for extensive scaffolding, and is lighter weight than masonry fire wall systems. The resulting wall thickness means greater overall floor area in a system with a fire-resistance rating up to two hours and excellent sound attenuation qualities.
For detailed information, please see the "M2Tech® Shaftliner Type X for Area Separation Firewalls" brochure.
Get Inspired and Learn More
- Thickness: 1" (25.4 mm)
- Width: 2' (610 mm) Standard
- Lengths: 8' (2440 mm), 10' (3050 mm) and 12' (3660 mm)
- Edges: Double beveled
- Core: specially formulated fire resistive noncombustible core
- Paper: Heavy moisture and mold resistant light blue-grey colored face and back paper
- Packaging: Per piece Weight: 3.7 psf (18 kg/m2)
M2Tech Shaftliner gypsum board is designed and engineered for use in constructing lightweight Shaftwall and Area Separation Firewall assemblies. M2Tech Shaftliner gypsum board is UL Classified and ULC Listed in fire resistance designs and features double beveled edges for easy installation.
In addition to its fire resistive properties, M2Tech Shaftliner gypsum board is also designed and engineered to provide added protection against mold when exposed to incidental or intermittent moisture during and after construction. When tested for mold resistance by an independent lab at the time of manufacturing, M2Tech Shaftliner achieved the highest possible score of 10 per ASTM D3273, "Standard Test Method for Resistance to Growth of Mold on the Surface of Interior Coatings in an Environmental Chamber.
For complete Technical Data, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
Applicable Standards and References:
- ASTM C1396, C475, C645, C754, C840, C1002, C1047, E84, E119; CAN/ULC-S101, CAN/ULC-S102, CAN/CSA-A82.27, GA-600, GA-216, GA-238; UL U417, ULC W446; ICBO ES ER-3579; NER-506; ICBO ES ER-4924.
Area Separation Firewalls:
- ASTM C1396, C475, C645, C754, C840, C1002, C1047, E84, E119; CAN/ULC-S101, CAN/ULC-S102, CAN/CSA-A82.27, GA-600, GA-216, GA-238; UL U366, ULC W311.
- Installation of M2Tech® Shaftliner Gypsum Boards should be consistent with the methods described in the standards and references noted.
Please see the attached document for complete warranty details.
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- Type X and Easi-lite
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.