A complete noiseproofing solution:
- Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is a viscoelastic damping compound that, when sandwiched between two layers of rigid material such as CertainTeed Drywall, greatly reduces the amount of sound transmitted through walls or ceilings, and reduces the amount of noise generated from impacts on floors. Green Glue can be quickly and easily applied between two sheets of any commonly used building materials in new construction and remodeling. It can be used in walls, ceilings, and floors to drastically dampen sound vibrations. By damping these vibrations, Green Glue is able to effectively eliminate up to 90 percent of noise transfer from one room or side of a structure to another.
- Gaps between soundproofed floors and walls can have a major impact on sound transfer from room to room. By applying Green Glue Noiseproofing Sealant, sound isolation can be improved by as much as 30dB, eliminating leaks and leading to significant noise reduction.
- These innovative clips provide resilient decoupling in new construction projects and have been shown to reduce noise transfer by more than 90% in certain new construction situations. Green Glue Noiseproofing Clips can also be used with Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound for even better results.
Noiseproofing Joist Tape
- Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist Tape is a cost-effective and easily applied solution for squeaking floors and the noise transmission from foot impact caused from sub-flooring rubbing on joists.
For more product information, visit http://www.greengluecompany.com/
Get Inspired and Learn More
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is used between two or more sheets of commonly specified building materials such as drywall, plywood, OSB and poured gypsum flooring. One of the two laminated surfaces must be porous. Typical applications are for wall, floor and ceiling systems to significantly reduce unwanted sound transmission.
- Active Content: 68% +/-5%
- Working Time: 30 minutes
- Viscosity: Light Paste 65,000 cps
- Color: Green
- Odor: Mild, none after drying
- VOC: <2 g/l Flash Point: >300 degrees F (149 C)
- Application Temp: 40 to 90 degrees F (4 to 32 C)
For complete Technical Data, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet. Or visit http://www.greengluecompany.com/
Green Glue can be used to soundproof walls, floors and ceilings. Green Glue can be used both in new construction, building upgrades and renovations. Since Green Glue is intended to be sandwiched between two sheets of building materials such as drywall, it eliminates the need to remove existing wall and floor materials.
Installing Green Glue is Fast!
- Use a standard quart size caulk gun
- Because of its thin consistency (like ketchup), you can easily dispense a tube of Green Glue in 15 seconds
- Green Glue will not flow off a board when installing.
- No specific coverage pattern is necessary to ensure excellent results.
- No measuring or troweling
- A larger tip opening (3/8" opening) can be used to speed application without concern for performance.
For complete installation instructions, please see the Green Glue Installation Guides. Or visit www.greengluecompany.com/
Since methods and conditions of application and storage, such as temperature, humidity, and over thinning are beyond our control, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc. (CertainTeed) will not be responsible for the failure of this product when not used and stored according to directions and specifications and accepted standards of procedure inherent in drywall application; or when reasonable allowance is not made by the user for adverse weather and job conditions.
However, if this product proves to be defective, CertainTeed’s maximum liability shall be limited to replacement of the defective material only or refund of the original purchase price. CertainTeed will not be responsible for any other costs or expenses. These shall be the exclusive warranty and remedies provided by CertainTeed, including without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for use and fitness for a particular purpose. All claims shall be submitted in writing to CertainTeed within thirty days from the date of discovery. State or federal laws may provide rights in addition to this limited warranty that cannot be modified or excluded.
CertainTeed Gypsum is committed to sustainability. Our manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, provide regional material coverage and operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes reclamation, preservation of natural resources, recycling and waste management. GreenGlue qualifies for LEED credit as it is a low-emitting adhesive and sealant that helps to reduce the quantity of indoor air contaminants that are odorous, irritating and/or hazardous.