Easi-Lite® Lightweight Gypsum Board Makes Installation and Handling Easier.
Easi-Lite gypsum board, is up to 30% lighter than standard gypsum boards and can be used for both interior ceilings and walls in residential and commercial applications. The lightweight board is easy to score and snap and enables quicker and easier installation, reducing strain and fatigue for the do-it-yourself homeowner or contractor.
For detailed description, please see the Product Brochure.
Easi-Lite Drywall is light weight, easy to handle and ideal for wall and ceiling applications up to 24" o.c. (610 mm) framing spacing.
- Thicknesses: 1/2" (12.7 mm)
- Weight: 1.2 - 1.4 psf (5.9 - 6.8 kg/m2)
- Widths: 4' (1220 mm) standard 54" (1375 mm)
- Lengths: 8' (2440 mm) to 12' (3660 mm)
- Edges: Tapered
- Packaging: Two pieces per bundle, face-to-face and end-taped
- Applicable Standards: ASTM C 1396 and CAN/CSA-A82.27
For complete installation instructions, please see Install Like the Pros, Gypsum Board Installation Guide.
Please see the attached document for complete warranty details.
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- Type X and Easi-lite
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.