Easi-Lite® 30 drywall is a specially formulated 5/8" interior wallboard that is up to 30% lighter than industry standard 5/8" Type X board. Easi-Lite 30 board features a specially formulated core providing 30-minute fire resistance ratings when used in tested assemblies. Easi-Lite 30 is optimal for use in commercial applications where a 1-hour fire rating is not required. Easi-Lite 30 provides similar sag resistance to ⅝” Type X, and is up to 30% lighter.
Easi-Lite® 30 drywall has a fire-resistive, gypsum core enclosed in ivory-colored face paper and a strong liner back paper. Easi-Lite 30 board is available in a variety of lengths and widths.
- Complies with ASTM C1396, Non-Type X, Section 5 (Wallboard) and Section 12 (Gypsum Ceiling Board); CAN/CSA-A82.27, and building code requirements where a single layer 1-hour fire rating is not required.
- Easi-Lite 30 has achieved GREENGUARD GOLD Certification and meets CA Section 01350.
For complete installation instructions, please see Install Like the Pros, Gypsum Board Installation Guide.
Please see the attached document for complete warranty details.
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- Type X and Easi-lite
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.