Dust reduced joint compound allows uses to apply compound by rolling with a paint roller, as well as traditional hand tools. Suitable for all phases of drywall finishing. Dust Away Roll-On is ideal for skim coat applications, offering productivity gains while improving ease of installation/ finishing. Dust reduced formula means less dust in the air when sanding.
- Rolls on with paint roller and traditional application tools
- Ready-to-Use product, no water addition or mixing needed
- Designed for all phases of drywall finishing; taping, filling, finishing, and embedding corners
- Enhanced by Dust Reduction technology
- Roller fits directly into new 12L rectangular pail
- Very easy to achieve a smooth skim coat
Get Inspired and Learn More
- Material: Vinyl-type mixture Acrylic-type mixture (Extreme All-Purpose)
- Colour: Off white and beige
- Packaging: 13.2 L (3.5 US Gal.) Box, 17 L (4.5 US Gal.) Box, 12 L (3.2 US Gal.) Pail, 18 L (4.75 US Gal.) Pail, 17 L (4.5 US Gal.) Pail, 23 kg (50.7 lb) Pail
- Coverage: 35 L (9.3 US Gal.) to 45 L (11.9 US Gal.) of joint compound per 93 m2 (1000 ft2) of wallboard depending upon the thickness of joint compound applied.
- Shelf Life: 12 months when stored properly.
- Storage: Protect joint compounds from freezing and from extreme heat. Joint compound should be stored at temperatures above 13°C (55°F) for at least 48 hours prior to application. Do not stack material (cartons or pails) more than 2 pallets high. Rotate stock. Do not store in direct sunlight.
For additional information on the application and finishing of Joint Compounds please consult:
• ASTM C475: Standard Specification for Joint Compound and Joint Tape for Finishing Gypsum Board.
• ASTM C840: Standard Specification for Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board.
• GA-214: Gypsum Association publication “Levels of Gypsum Board Finish.”
• GA-216: Gypsum Association publication “Recommended Specifications for the Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board.”
For complete installation instructions, please see the Installation Guide.
Since methods and condition of application such as temperature, humidity and over thinning are beyond our control, CertainTeed Gypsum Canada, Inc. (CertainTeed) will not be responsible for the failure of this Product when the Product is not used according to directions and specifications and accepted standards of procedure inherent in drywall application; or when reasonable allowance is not made by the user for adverse weather and job conditions. However, if this product proves to be defective, maximum liability shall be limited to replacement of the material only or refund of the purchase price. This shall be the full limit whatsoever of CertainTeed’s liability. All claims shall be submitted in writing to CertainTeed within thirty days from the date of discovery. Provincial or Federal laws may provide rights in addition to this warranty that cannot be modified or excluded.
View Sustainability Information.