CertainTeed FlintCoat® -E Emulsion Roof Coating is a UL Rated, fiber reinforced, professional grade product for coating built-up mineral surfaced, metal, concrete, corrugated and other roof surfaces and is great for use in polyester roofing systems. It can also be used for damp-proofing above or below grade foundation walls, and for sealing masonry surfaces and retaining walls as an anti-corrosive wood, metal, and pipe coating.
- Dries to a durable, flexible finish
- Excellent adhesion over clean asphalt surfaces
- Outstanding water and water vapor resistance
- Adds to the service life of reflective coatings, when used as a primer
The following information represents typical average properties of FlintCoat-E:
- Packaging: 5-gallon pail
- Coverage: Approx 1/2 to 1 gallon per 100 square feet (two coats are recommended)
- Color: Dark brown (uncured) - Black (cured)
- ASTM D1187, Type I and II
- ASTM D1227, Type II
- Class I
For additional technical resources please refer to the CertainTeed Commercial Roof Systems Manual.
If CertainTeed FlintCoat®-E Emulsion Roof Coating is used as a primer coating before application of another top coating, apply at a rate of 3 gallons per 100 sq. ft. If another top coating is not specified, use at the rate of 4 gallons per 100 sq. ft.
For best results, reinforce coating with a polyester reinforcing fabric or chopped glass fibers. Once cured, apply FlintCoat®-W. This will greatly extend the life of the roof.
For detailed installation instructions please refer to the CertainTeed Commercial Roof Systems Manual.
Please refer to the document provided for all warranty information.