CertainTeed FlintCoat® -A 300 is a premium fibered aluminum roof coating and when applied to the roof the aluminum flakes leaf to the surface, forming a reflective, metallic shield over the base of the coating resulting in a self-protecting roof coating with long lasting moisture and heat-resistant properties. FlintCoat -A 300 is a top performing aluminum coating for BUR, metal, and modified membranes.
- Self-protecting--the aluminum shield protects the base coating's asphaltic oils so coating stays resilient
- Reflects over 65% of the sun's rays
- Prolongs roof life--helps protect roof membrane from UV degradation
- Helps reduce energy consumption costs
- Easy to apply
- ENERGY STAR® labeled roof coating
The following information represents typical average properties of FlintCoat -A 300:
- Packaging: 5-gallon pail
- Coverage: Built-up (roll roofing) – 1 to 1-1/2 gallons per 100 square feet Smooth surface and metal roofing – 3/4 to 1 gallon per 100 square feet
- Color: Silver
- ASTM D2824, Type II
- ASTM D3805
- ASTM D962, Type II
- ENERGY STAR®
For additional technical resources please refer to the CertainTeed Commercial Roof Systems Manual.
CertainTeed FlintCoat -A 300 Fibered Aluminum Roof Coating should be spread uniformly over the roof surface. Care should be taken not to overwork the coating during application. This could have a damaging effect on the leafing of the aluminum. Pour the correct amount of aluminum coating to cover a given area and apply uniformly in one direction. Be sure to mechanically mix the aluminum coating thoroughly before using. FlintCoat -A 300 can be applied with a soft roof brush, roller or spray.
For detailed installation instructions please refer to the CertainTeed Commercial Roof Systems Manual.
Please refer to the document provided for all warranty information.