CertainTeed FlintCoat® -A 150 Fibered Aluminum Roof Coating is a quality, professional grade reflective coating formulated to provide a bright and long lasting finish. The aluminum pigment in this product enables it to form a silver shield to reflect the sun's destructive rays. Cooling costs can be reduced while the underlying roofing materials are protected and preserved. FlintCoat-A 150 serves as a rust inhibitor and will aid in the prevention of corrosion for metal surfaces.
- Self-protecting--the aluminum flakes protect the coating's asphaltic oils
- Reflects over 65% of the sun's rays
- Prolongs roof life; helps protect roof membrane from UV degradation
- Helps reduce energy consumption costs
- Keeps building interiors cooler
- Easy to apply
The following information represents typical average properties of FlintCoat-A 150:
- Weight: 8.6 lbs. per gallon
- Packaging: 5-gallon pail
- Coverage: Built-up (roll roofing) – 1 to 1-1/2 gallons per 100 square feet; Smooth surface and metal roofing – 3/4 to 1 gallon per 100 square feet
- Color: Silver
- Miami-Dade Approved
For additional technical resources please refer to the CertainTeed Commercial Roof Systems Manual.
CertainTeed FlintCoat-A 150 Fibered Aluminum Roof Coating can be applied with a soft roof brush, roller or spray. Be sure to mechanically mix the aluminum coating thoroughly before using. FlintCoat-A 150 should be spread uniformly over the roof surface. Care should be taken not to overwork the coating during application. This could have a damaging effect on the leafing of the aluminum.
For detailed installation instructions please refer to the CertainTeed Commercial Roof Systems Manual.
Please refer to the document provided for all warranty information.