Universal Blanket is utilized in general purpose applications where a flexible thermal, acoustical insulation is required. Available in six different densities, Universal Blanket can be fabricated into a variety of shapes and sizes to fit almost any application. Additionally, it will withstand temperatures up to 450°F.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Reduces heat transfer through equipment walls
- Lowers energy consumption
- Absorbs the level of equipment noise and when installed with a suitable vapor retarder
- Helps reduce condensation from forming on the surface of cooling equipment
- When properly installed, Universal Blanket is unaffected by aging and temperature changes
- The inorganic fibers will not rot or decompose and will maintain thermal and acoustical efficiency under normal conditions
Click links to access technical specifications, safety data sheets and documents.
All fabrication, application and installation steps shall be in accordance with the requirements of the National Commercial and Industrial Installation Standards (current edition) published by the Midwest Insulation Contractors Association (MICA). These installation requirements are general in nature. Other methods may be acceptable, please consult your contractor for recommendations best suited to the applications.
CertainTeed insulation products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on foreign oil and lower greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, the recycled content of CertainTeed fiberglass insulation meets the EPA minimum Recovered Material Guideline for fiber glass products consisting of preconsumer and post-consumer glass cullet. CertainTeed Universal Blanket Insulation is GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.