The Perfect Balance of Beauty and Performance
CedarBoards™ Insulated Siding provides the added strength and thermal benefit of rigid foam insulation with easy maintenance. Dressing your home in CedarBoards is like wrapping your family in a cozy blanket. Inside you will enjoy a quieter, more comfortable home. Outside you will appreciate the authentic look of natural wood, enhanced by distinctive colors and finishing touches.
Available in the five popular profiles:
Double 4" Clapboard
Double 4 1/2" Dutchlap
Double 6" Clapboard (works with CedarBoards XL longer length siding)
Single 7" Clapboard (works with CedarBoards XL longer length siding)
Single 12" Board & Batten (Please see product page for color availability)
- Straight even face with flat surface for look of wide board wood siding
- Custom contoured foam provides strength and rigidity for outstanding impact resistance
- R 2.0 to R 2.7
- 60% recycled content (Double 6")
- TrueTexture™ rough cedar finish molded from real cedar boards
- Patented STUDfinder™ is designed for accurate and secure installation
- Absorbs sound for reduced exterior noise infiltration
- DuraLock® post-formed lock design
- 3/4" panel projection
- .044" thickness
- Lifetime limited warranty
Get Inspired and Learn More
Whether you need to obtain product dimensions for calculating the amount of siding you need for a job or find specific code numbers to verify compliance with local building codes, you will find it here.
Proper installation is critical.
These instructions describe and illustrate the steps involved in installing CertainTeed siding, trim, and accessories. Their purpose is to provide detailed information and how-to tips that will simplify the installation process. CertainTeed shall not accept any liability or responsibility under its written warranty for failure caused by application that does not meet the requirements for proper installation.
You can feel confident that you have made the right decision buying from CertainTeed, a company that is an industry leader and stands behind its products with strong warranty protection. The CedarBoards Vinyl Siding Lifetime Limited Warranty will provide you with specific coverage information.
CertainTeed respects the environment through the responsible development of sustainable vinyl and polymer siding products and systems.
- 60% recycled content
- Participation in LEED and NAHB (links to requirements and points)
- Benefits such as:
- Resource Efficiency — Our vinyl and polymer products are typically made using some recycled products. CedarBoards D6" Insulated siding contains 60% recycled material. Using recycled material protects our environment by finding a use for material that would otherwise be landfilled. In addition, our manufacturing plants regrind and recycle products that do not meet our rigid manufacturing specifications. This regrind is then incorporated into the manufacturing process. In fact, one of our plants has achieved nearly 100% recycling of all plant waste. Using materials that contain recycled materials can earn up to 2 points under LEED 2009 and 0.5 points per product for LEED H. CertainTeed vinyl siding, polymer siding and trim are typically made using some recycled content. CedarBoards D6" Insulated siding contains 60% recycled content.
- Energy Efficiency—When they are installed properly, vinyl siding and polymer siding create an efficient building envelope that does not conduct heat or cold. Some products—like our CedarBoards Insulated Siding—can actually increase the R-value of the building envelope, which reduces energy consumption and related CO2 emissions.
- Durability—Exterior walls, window frames, soffit, and trim that will not rot, peel, or warp can contribute to achieving points for Quality Management of Durability requirements for LEED H. Unlike wood, vinyl siding, polymer siding, and trim do not absorb water and are not subject to insect damage; they do not pit, rust, or corrode, and they never need painting. Most of our vinyl and polymer siding is warranted for the lifetime of the original owner, with the warranty transferable to a new homeowner for as much as 50 years from the date of installation. Vinyl siding, polymer siding, and PVC trim require less maintenance than wood and fiber cement.
Review additional green information on our products.
View our Sustainability Begins at Home Video.