Superior Through Science
CertainTeed's NorthGate SBS modified asphalt shingle is unmatched by other standard asphalt shingles. The rubberizing aspect of SBS allows greater flexibility so the shingles resist cracking even in extreme cold-weather, allowing for year round application. SBS also offers superior granule adhesion which is one of the key components in protecting the shingle against the elements.
Features & Benefits
- Class 4 impact resistance, the highest rating available
- Greater cold-weather flexibility
- Increased granule adhesion
- Enhanced crack resistance
- Better weatherability
- Shrink resistance
Due to variation in computer monitors and printers, the color samples seen on your computer screen may not exactly match the corresponding color. To verify actual product color, ask to see the actual product, available through a CertainTeed contractor or distributor.
Get Inspired and Learn More
- Class 4 impact resistance rating
- Two-piece laminated fiberglass-based construction
- Classic shades and dimensional appearance of natural wood or slate
- 270 lbs. per square
Applying a roof system correctly is essential to the warranty and performance of the roof. Please refer to the installation instructions for complete details. Available in both English and Spanish.
CertainTeed warrants that its shingles will be free from manufacturing defects, and provides the extra assurance of SureStart™ protection. Below are the highlights of the warranty for NorthGate SBS modified asphalt shingle.
Because of its uncompromised strength, NorthGate offers one of the industry's most comprehensive warranties:
- Lifetime limited transferable warranty against manufacturing defects on residential applications
- 50-year limited transferable warranty against manufacturing defects on group-owned or commercial applications
- 15-year StreakFighter® algae-resistance warranty
- 10-year SureStart™ protection
- Wind warranty upgrade to 130 mph available. CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip and ridge required
See actual warranty for specific details and limitations