Effective Date: May 2022
CertainTeed and its North America affiliates, including but not limited to CertainTeed Ceilings, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc., CertainTeed Canada Gypsum, Inc., and CertainTeed Canada, Inc. (collectively, the "Company") respect your privacy. We have adopted the following policies and procedures to ensure that any information you provide to us on the CertainTeed Web Site and the CertainTeed Connect Web Site (the "Site") is treated appropriately and with your full knowledge and consent. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to explain what information we may collect from you and how this information may be used.
What type of personal information is collected on this Site and how is it used?
Certain areas of the Site may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. These requests are limited to specific activities on the Site where the use of such information is necessary such as to process an online transaction or respond to a request for product literature or send your contact information to a service professional of your choosing. Your participation in these activities is completely optional.
- Requests for Literature or Other Information. In many cases we offer additional information about the products and services described on the Site. To request this information, you must supply us with certain contact information such as your name, mailing address and email address.
- Registration, Ordering and Transaction Information. Certain transactional information must be supplied to the Company to permit access to the Site and to place an order such as your name, your company name, shipping address, email address and certain financial information (e.g., Purchase Order Number, Purchase Order Date). This information is used solely for permission to access the Site, order, billing and collection purposes. You may have an option to input certain materials or information, or otherwise communicate with the Company. Information that you supply, or communications you may make to the Company, may include your name, city, state, zip code and email address, and information pertinent to your interests. The Company will use this information to assist you or improve its service to you. The contact information may also be used by us in connection with certain marketing activities such as a promotion or new product announcements. The Company will refrain from making these types of communications to customers who have opted out of these programs as described further below.Customers can opt-out of these communications via their account preferences on the site, as well as in the e-mail communications.
- For additional information on opting-out of communications, customers may contact CertainTeed.Connect@saint-gobain.com.
- Site Use Data. The Company may also collect other information from customers and visitors to the Site such as the user’s IP address, domain name, length of time spent on the Site, and the pages accessed during each visit to the Site. The Company uses this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
How will the Company protect your personal information?
We will not share your personal information with third parties (aside from entities that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, that either are bound to comply with our Privacy Statement or have privacy policies that protect your information) without your permission.
Certain information supplied by you to our Site may be password-protected, and you should take appropriate measures to protect the secrecy of your password. If you use a computer in a public place or share a computer with others, remember to sign out and close your browser window when you finish accessing our Site in order to prevent others from accessing your personal information. You are solely responsible for the control and use of each password you create.
The Company may disclose information you have provided to us if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on the Company; or (2) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company.
If we gather demographic information from you (for example, your age, education level or household income), we will not share that information in a manner that identifies you as an individual with any other entity, unless we let you know that at the time of collection. When we share demographic information with third parties, we will give them aggregate information only.
What are "Cookies" and does this Site use them?
What security measures are employed by this Site?
The Company has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. These include a firewall to prevent unauthorized access to our systems and maintenance of registration information in a separate database. Although we will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet. We will protect the transmission of credit card and other transactional information through industry standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
Data Collected from Other Sources
We may receive data about you from sources other than from CertainTeed sites , such as third-party partners, email campaigns, public sources, and marketing partners. Such third-party data may include demographic information, company information, intent data, and personal data such as contact details. We may also generate or receive predicted data about business users such as characteristics, interests, or business buying behavior.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Our Third Party Vendors
What about your links to other web sites? Is my information protected by these sites?
This Site may contain links to other web sites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. The Company encourages our users to be aware when they leave this Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by this Site. Additionally, the existence of any external link or external request for information does not suggest that we are endorsing the linked or external company or its products or services.
Do Not Track
The Site does not support Do Not Track at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
Access to Your Personal Data; Questions and Comments
A Special Note about Children
This Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. The Company does not intend to collect any personal information or data from individuals that identify themselves as children under the age of 13. If the Company becomes aware that information from a child under the age of 13 has been submitted to this Site, we will respond to the inquiry, and, when appropriate, delete all personally identifiable information (including email address) concerning that child from our records. That information will not be used for any other purpose, nor will it be disclosed to any other parties. If a parent believes that his or her child has submitted personal information to this Site, you are encouraged to contact us via the Contact Us form on the site. We believe parents should supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a kid-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from otherwise disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Your use of the Site, including any dispute concerning privacy, is subject to this Privacy Statement and the Company’s Terms and Conditions of Use. By using this Site, you are accepting the practices set out in this Statement and those Terms.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is to inform individuals who apply for employment with Saint-Gobain Corporation, and its U.S. subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “SGNA” or “we” or “us”) of the categories of Personal Information (defined below) that we may receive and the purposes for which we may use such Personal Information. This notice is intended to comply with all applicable laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA). If any provision below conflicts with a legal requirement, then SGNA will comply with the applicable law.
1. Collection and Use of Candidate Personal Information
SGNA receives, uses, and discloses Personal Information about job candidates for business purposes only and consistent with applicable laws. Where SGNA may disclose such Personal Information to third parties, it does so only and consistent with applicable laws and for the same business purposes described below. Where appropriate, SGNA requires that such parties maintain its confidentiality – including the maintenance of appropriate systems and processes that ensure the confidentiality, security and protection of Personal Information. Please see below table for a list of Personal Information by ‘Category’ and possible ‘Uses.’
Category of Personal Information
How we use it
Contact information: such as your name, home and work address, personal and work telephone numbers, personal and work email addresses.
We will use this information to open and maintain candidate records and communicate with you regarding your interest in a job opportunity with us, your application for employment, or updates on your candidacy.
Job-related information and qualifications: such as position applied for, work experience, education, awards, qualifications, certificates, licenses, financial relationships, and any other information you choose to provide in your resumes and/or applications.
We will use this information to assess your suitability for a position at SGNA and to determine any actual or potential conflict of interest.
Additional Sources of Personal Information: Third-party references, credit agencies, or entities verifying work authorization.
National identification information: such as your country of birth or the country where you are a registered national or citizen, and any visa or other right to work.
We will use this information to determine your eligibility to work, applicable benefits, financial draws/taxes, and fulfill our obligations to relevant government authorities.
Additional Sources of Personal Information: Third-party entities verifying work authorization.
Travel-related records: such as frequent flyer numbers, itineraries, flight, train, rental car, car service, hotel, or other similar information.
We will use this information to arrange or reimburse travel where you require travel to interview with us or in connection with your candidacy for employment, contact you during travel, as necessary with travel service providers, or in an emergency.
Results of background checks and screening: such as education verification and criminal records and driver’s license checks.
We will use this to determine your suitability for certain job roles (to the extent permitted or required by law).
Additional Sources of Personal Information: Third-party entities that conduct and report on background checks and screening.
References: such as opinions and comments of any previous employers.
We will use this to determine your suitability for certain job roles. References will only be contacted if you give us permission to do so.
Additional Sources of Personal Information: Third-party references.
Sensitive personal information, insofar as necessary and legally permitted, such as Social Security, driver’s license, state identification, or passport number; your race and ethnicity.
Equal opportunities monitoring information: We will use this information, such as your race, ethnicity, and gender, which you would provide only on a voluntary basis, to conduct equal opportunity and diversity monitoring where permitted or required by law.
Additional Sources of Personal Information: Third-party references, credit agencies, or entities verifying work authorization.
2. Additional Purposes for Using Personal Information
In addition to the uses set forth above, SGNA may use and share the categories of Personal Information identified:
- To comply with applicable legal and regulatory requests and obligations (including investigations).
- To establish or defend legal claims and allegations.
- For security or the prevention, detection, or investigation of fraud, suspected or actual illegal activity, violations of company policy or rules, or other misconduct.
- To seek advice from lawyers, auditors, and other professional advisers.
3. Sensitive Personal Information
Your sensitive personal information will not be used for any additional purposes that are incompatible with the purposes listed above unless we provide you with notice of those additional purposes.
4. No Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information or your sensitive personal information, nor do we share it with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising.
5. Record Retention
6. Your Privacy Rights
SGNA complies with laws and regulations that permit certain requests related to your data in our files, including, but not limited to, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The CCPA provides California residents with the following rights regarding their Personal Information:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom SGNA discloses personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information SGNA has collected about you.
- The right to correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request deletion of personal information we have collected from you.
You may exercise these rights by contacting SGNA as described in the “Questions” section below. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by contacting us as described below. In order to protect your data from unauthorized access or alteration by third parties, all requests regarding your personal information will be subject to verification of the identity of the requesting individual. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable request within forty‑five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to forty‑five (45) days), we will inform you in writing.
If you have any questions about this Notice, or to request this Notice in another format, please contact Employee-Experience@saint-gobain.com or at (484) 319-8279.