Regular Gypsum Board for use on interior walls and ceilings. CertainTeed Regular Gypsum Boards are an interior gypsum board that consists of a solid set, fire-resistive gypsum core enclosed in ivory colored face paper and liner back paper. Long edges are slightly tapered, allowing joints to be reinforced and concealed with joint tape and joint compound.
CertainTeed Regular Gypsum Boards are available in a variety of lengths and widths.
Get Inspired and Learn More
- Thicknesses: 1/4" (6.4 mm), 3/8" (9.5 mm), 1/2" (12.7 mm)
- Widths: 4' (1220 mm) standard; 54" (1370 mm)
- Lengths: 8' to 12' (2440 to 3660 mm) standard
- Weight (approx.): 1/4" (6.4 mm) – 1.13 lb/ft2 (5.5 kg/m2) 3/8" (9.5 mm) – 1.25 lb/ft2 (6.1 kg/m2) 1/2" (12.7 mm) – 1.60 lb/ft2 (7.8 kg/m2)
- Core: Gypsum (noncombustible) premium quality natural (mined) gypsum, recycled gypsum and DSG (from flue gas desulphurisation, FGD) are used to manufacture Gypsum Board Products
- Edges: 1/2" boards are available in square and tapered edge. 1/4" and 3/8" are available in 4' x 8' (1220 mm x 2440 mm) and tapered edge only.
- End: Square – factory cut
- Packaging: Two pieces per bundle, face-to-face and end-taped
- Applicable Standards: meets ASTM C1396
Special widths, lengths or edges may be available on special order. Consult your CertainTeed sales representative.
For complete Technical Data, please see Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
CertainTeed Gypsum Board accepts most types of paints, textures and wall covering materials. The surface shall be primed and sealed with a full-bodied latex primer before applying a final decorative material. This will equalize the suction between the joint compounds and the paper surface. For best painting results, all surfaces, including joint compound, should be clean, dust-free and not glossy. If glossy paints are used, a thin skim coat of compound over the entire surface, Level 5 finish, is recommended to reduce highlighting or joint photographing. This method is also recommended for areas of critical sidelighting of natural or artificial light sources. A sealer application under wallpaper or other wall coverings is also recommended so the board surface will not be damaged if the covering is subsequently removed during redecorating. Joint treatment must be thoroughly dry before proceeding with primer-sealer application and final decoration. Applicable Standards and References ASTM C840 GA-216 GA-214
CertainTeed takes pride in providing the best solutions to make the spaces where we work, live, and play healthier and safer. This means offering high-performing products that create better living environments.
Our products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on hydrocarbons and lower greenhouse gas emissions.
CertainTeed’s ongoing commitment to sustainability in our manufacturing operations incorporates the principles of industrial ecology, managing energy and water, and reducing waste.
Our ecomedes Sustainable Product Platform allows you to quickly access the product information and certifications you need, calculate contributions to LEED and other green building rating systems and create and save a group of products using the project feature. The information is free to access and always up to date.