Quick Prep interior prep coat/primer is a ready to spray or roll primer. It is suited for use on interior drywall and concrete surfaces and may be applied in spray or roller application. Quick Prep is specifically formulated to minimize flashing on drywall; to uniform various porosities and minimize texture variation between gypsum board face paper and joint compound.
- Color: White
- Packaging: 5 US Gal. (18.9 L) pail
- Finish: Smooth Coverage: 200-300 square feet (18.6-27.9 square meters) per gallon for optimum hide on drywall. Coverage rates will vary with mm thickness, applicator technique and type of spray tip (amount of fallout).
- Shelf Life: Please see the "Technical Guide - Finishing Product Shelf Life" for details
- Storage: Store materials in a dry area. Protect materials from direct sunlight. Store materials at a temperature between 40°F – 90°F (4°C – 33°C). Do not freeze, product will not recover.
- Mix by stirring. Thinning is optional. May be thinned with one pint of water per five gallons. Maintain minimum air temperature of 55°F (10°C) during application until completely dry. Product should be applied to walls first to eliminate fallout on the sanding fuzz. While the wall is wet, spray the ceilings so the fallout will soak into wet material. Apply with airless sprayer with minimum pump capacity of one gallon per minute. Suggested tip size range from 0.023 to 0.031. May also apply with 1/4", 3/8" to 1/2" nap roller. Sanding is optional. Easily sands with 180 to 220 screen or film back to achieve plaster like finish.
Do not allow product to freeze as the product will not recover.
Since methods and condition of application such as temperature, humidity and over thinning are beyond our control, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc. (CertainTeed) will not be responsible for the failure of this product when not used according to directions and specifications and accepted standards of procedure inherent in drywall application; or when reasonable allowance is not made by the user for adverse weather and job conditions. However, if this product proves to be defective, maximum liability shall be limited to replacement of the material only or refund of the purchase price. This shall be the full limit whatsoever of CertainTeed's liability. All claims shall be submitted in writing to CertainTeed within thirty days from the date of discovery. State/Provincial or Federal laws may provide rights in addition to this warranty that cannot be modified or excluded.
CertainTeed Gypsum is committed to sustainability. Our manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, provide regional material coverage and operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes reclamation, preservation of natural resources, recycling and waste management. We are continually looking for ways to reduce our impact on the environment while meeting customer demand for sustainable products that deliver comfort, protection and performance.
For more information, please see our Sustainability Brochure.