Plaster of Paris is a top quality, quick setting plaster normally used in combination with gauged lime putty when a shorter set time is desired. It can also be used, mixed with lime putty, for forming plaster mouldings where required. Can be used in a variety of applications.
Fast-setting – allows adjustments to the set time.
Plaster of Paris – 314475
- Material: Plaster
- Color: Off white
- Packaging: 20 kg (44 lbs) bag
- Coverage: Varies depending on application.
- Shelf Life: Please see the "Technical Guide - Finishing Product Shelf Life" for shelf life details
- Storage: Rotate stock to avoid aging problems. Use within 60 days of delivery. Abnormal storage conditions (e.g., high humidity), aged product, and improper proportioning can adversely affect hardness and working properties of the material. Store in a dry location.
For complete Technical Data, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
To shorten the set time of gauged plaster:
- Pour approximately 30 liters of clean water into the center of a ring formed from approximately 50kg of lime putty. Slowly add the amount of Plaster of Paris that will give the desired setting time, along with the gauging plaster, into the water without allowing the plasters to come into contact with the lime putty. Add 1 part dry gauging plaster by volume to 3 parts lime putty by volume. After the dry plasters have soaked up the water, mix the plasters with the water and then thoroughly blend the plaster with the lime putty. Avoid scraping the gauging board while mixing.
To use for forming plaster mouldings:
- Use approximately 7 parts water to 10 parts plaster by weight. Sprinkle plaster into water and allow plaster to soak for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir until uniform in consistency, then pour into the mold.
Please see Install Like the Pros for complete installation instructions
Since methods and conditions of application and storage, such as temperature, humidity, and over thinning are beyond our control, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc. (CertainTeed) will not be responsible for the failure of this product when not used and stored according to directions and specifications and accepted standards of procedure inherent in drywall application; or when reasonable allowance is not made by the user for adverse weather and job conditions.
However, if this product proves to be defective, CertainTeed’s maximum liability shall be limited to replacement of the defective material only or refund of the original purchase price. CertainTeed will not be responsible for any other costs or expenses. These shall be the exclusive warranty and remedies provided by CertainTeed, including without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for use and fitness for a particular purpose. All claims shall be submitted in writing to CertainTeed within thirty days from the date of discovery. State or federal laws may provide rights in addition to this limited warranty that cannot be modified or excluded.
CertainTeed Gypsum is committed to sustainability. Our manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, provide regional material coverage and operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes reclamation, preservation of natural resources, recycling and waste management. We are continually looking for ways to reduce our impact on the environment while meeting customer demand for sustainable products that deliver comfort, protection and performance.
For more information, please see our Sustainability Brochure.