Habito® combines the benefits of old-fashioned plaster with the convenience of modern drywall, bringing homes a new level of flexibility and unmatched performance:
- Strong: Habito holds up to 30 lbs. on a single #10 screw.** No stud finder, no predrilling, and no wall anchors.
- User Friendly: Minimal damage from nails and screws makes decorating and redecorating easy
- Impact Resistant: Habito has the impact resistance of a 5/8" abuse board in a 1/2" product
- Sound blocking: The added density of Habito helps prevent sound transmission between rooms, offering better acoustic insulation than standard 1/2" drywall.
Get Inspired and Learn More
Habito is used for interior walls in residential applications. It can be used for new construction or renovations over wood framing.
- Thickness: 1/2" (12.7 mm)
- Widths: 4' (1220 mm)
- Lengths: 8' (2440mm), 12' Standard (3660 mm)
- Weight: 2.5 psf (12.21 kg/m2)
- Edges: Tapered
- Packaging: Two pieces per bundle, face-to-face and end-taped
- Product Standards: ASTM C1396; C840; C1629 CAN/CSA-A82.27; A82.31
CertainTeed Habito should be installed to wood studs with a 1 5/8” #6 fine thread screw using a corded drywall screw gun with 4000 rpm and at least 81 in-lbs of torque.
Please see attached installation guide for more information.
Please see the attached document for complete warranty details.
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- Type X and Easi-lite
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.