GlasRoc® Shaftliner for Multi-story Buildings and Multi-family Residential Applications. GlasRoc® Embedded Glass Reinforced Gypsum™ (EGRG™) Shaftliner for use in Shaftwall and Area Separation Firewall Systems is a 1" (25.4 mm) thick gypsum board with a specially formulated fire resistive, noncombustible, and moisture resistant core with embedded reinforcing glass mat and a protective acrylic coating on the exterior surface.
Get Inspired and Learn More
GlasRoc® Shaftliner is designed and engineered for use in constructing lightweight Shaftwall and Area Separation Firewall assemblies. GlasRoc® Shaftliner is UL Classified and ULC Listed in fire resistance designs and features double beveled edges for easy installation. In addition to its fire resistive properties, GlasRoc® Shaftliner is also designed and engineered to provide added protection against mold. When tested for mold resistance by an independent lab, GlasRoc® Shaftliner achieved the highest possible score of 10 per ASTM D3273, "Standard Test Method for Resistance to Growth of Mold on the Surface of Interior Coatings in an Environmental Chamber. Product Data: Thickness: 1" (25.4 mm) Width: 2' (610 mm) Standard Lengths: 8' (2440 mm), 10' (3050 mm) and 12' (3660 mm) Edges: Double beveled Packaging: Per piece Weight: 4.0 psf (19.5 kg/m2) For detailed Technical Data, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
Installation of GlasRoc® Shaftliner boards should be consistent with methods described in the standards and references noted. GlasRoc® Shaftliner should be installed with the labeled side facing the weather exposure during construction. Please see the GlasRoc Shaftliner Brochures for complete installation instructions.
Please see the attached document for complete warranty details.
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- Type X and Easi-lite
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.