Easi-Lite® Interior Ceiling Board Offers lightweight design for easy handling and optimal sag resistance. Easi-Lite® Lightweight Interior Ceiling Gypsum Board is used for interior ceilings in standard residential and commercial applications. It is up to 30% lighter than standard interior ceiling boards, with high performance characteristics for ceiling applications thanks to special sag-resistant additives added to its gypsum core. For a more detailed description, please see the Product Data Sheet.
Easi-Lite® Lightweight Interior Ceiling Wallboard consists of a solid set, gypsum core enclosed in ivory-colored face paper and a strong liner back paper, for use on interior ceilings where framing is spaced up to 24" (610 mm) o.c.
- Thickness: 12.7 mm (1/2")
- Width: 1220 mm (4') standard
- Lengths: 2440 mm (8'), 3050 mm (10'), 3660 mm (12'), 4270 mm (14') standard
- Edges: Tapered
- Packaging: Two pieces per bundle, face-to-face and end-taped
Applicable Standards: ASTM C1396 CAN/CSA-A82.27
For complete installation instructions, please see Install Like the Pros, Gypsum Board Installation Guide.
Please see the attached document for complete warranty details.
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- Type X and Easi-lite
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.