Level up your aesthetic craftsmanship by broadcasting color-matched granules into side or end lap bleed out areas or liquid-applied flashing details. FlintRock™ Roofing Granules are tough, dense, non-porous, weather and UV resistant, ceramic-coated rock used as surfacing material for roofing purposes only, #11 grade. FlintRock is manufactured with true-blend colors (not just single granule colors) to match every CertainTeed low-slope membrane option and many popular shingles, for low-slope residential elements.
- Packaging: 5G Pail
- Weight: 50 lbs. (40 lbs. for CoolStar® Granules)
- Grade: #11
- Moisture Content: 0.3% Maximum
- Color Durability: Proven by long-term field performance and accelerated weathering tests
- Opacity: Opaque to protect the asphalt substrate from the effects of sunlight
- Hardness: 6.0-7.0 Moh's Mineral Scale
- Bulk Density: 90-96 lbs./ft.3 Packed
- Specific Gravity: 2.55-2.70
- Colors: Buff, Burnt Sienna, Colonial Slate, CoolStar, Heather Blend, Hunter Green, Moire Black, Mojave Tan, Red, Resawn Shake, Terra Cotta, Weathered Wood, White
Transfer bulk granules into manageable volume in a cup or bag. Using a gloved hand, broadcast granules to refusal or rejection, to completely saturate the surface of the target area.