FlintBond Brush is a professional-grade, SBS-modified bitumen cold-applied adhesive with excellent bond strength, formulated for field and lap adhesion of SBS-modified bitumen membranes and conventional built-up roofing (BUR) base sheets and ply sheets.
FlintBond delivers excellent adhesion and elongation properties with proven resiliency and durability.
FlintBond Brush meets or exceeds ASTM D3019, Type I.
• Color – Black
• Consistency - Medium-Bodied Liquid
• Weight - 7.7 lbs. per gallon
• Packaging – 5G
• Coverage - 1 to 1 ½ (1 to 1.5) gallons per 100 square feet depending on surface porosity. For spot application of the first layer to smooth, non-nailable surfaces, use 1-2 gallons per 100 square feet.
• Flash point (T.C.C.) - 107°F
• Maximum VOC - 250 G/L
• Viscosity, Stormer - 130 +/- 10
For best results, weather should be at least 65°F, dry and clear, with no threat of rain for 48 hours. Do not thin.
1. All surfaces must be clean, dry, smooth, even, and free from all other foreign matter. Raised edges, buckles, and blisters should be cut and flattened. Check flashings, drains, edgings, vents, and valleys and repair as needed.
2. Stir adhesive to uniform consistency before using.
3. Apply using stiff bristle brush, roller or spray equipment at prescribed coverage 1 to 1 ½ (1 to 1.5) gallons per 100 square feet depending on surface porosity. For spot application of the first layer to smooth, non-nailable surfaces, use 1-2 gallons per 100 square feet. Avoid heavy mounds of mass accumulation.
4. FlintBond will remain tacky for approximately one hour after application; roofing sheets/membranes shall be fully adhered in position before adhesive sets.
5. Allow approximately 48 hours prior to subsequent layer application in warm, dry weather, if applicable. Ambient temperature and humidity will effect dry time.
CertainTeed offers three asphaltic low-slope roof system warranty options: Limited Warranty on Materials, Integrity Roof System® Limited Warranty, and Integrity Roof System No Dollar Limit (NDL) Limited Warranty. CertainTeed warranty durations are based on a combination of system specification and product selection. When FlintBond is utilized as a component within a CertainTeed asphaltic low-slope roof system, FlintBond assumes the warranty duration and coverage of the overall roof system. Please download an overview of these warranty options for details. Consult with your contractor or CertainTeed Territory Manager to determine which warranty is best for your project. CertainTeed offers standard asphaltic low-slope roof system warranty durations between ten and twenty-five years. Additionally, Gold Star Contractors can increase warranty durations by 25% by engaging in an Integrity Maintenance Agreement with their client.