AirRenew®Extreme Impact indoor air quality (IAQ) drywall.
AirRenew's innovative technology enhances the air quality of interior environments by permanently reducing formaldehyde from circulating in the air. AirRenew takes formaldehyde out of the air and converts it into a safe inert compound. AirRenew Extreme Impact is a cost-effective alternative to concrete masonry units, often specified for high-traffic applications. AirRenew Extreme Impact contains a specially designed fiberglass reinforcement that provides superior resistance to hard impacts and penetrations. The product features M2Tech® technology, which consists of 100% recycled paper that is treated to protect against mold growth. Ideal for healthcare, education, and commercial projects with sustainable design in mind, the AirRenew product family can contribute to indoor environmental quality, recycled materials, and innovation in design credits for green projects. AirRenew contains up to 99% total recycled content and may provide regional materials depending on project location. In addition, the use of impact-resistant gypsum board contributes to the overall durability and longevity of interior spaces in homes and buildings.
Get Inspired and Learn More
AirRenew® Extreme Impact Resistant indoor air quality drywall is for use in interior wall and ceiling applications that require improved durability and is specially designed to offer a healthier living and working environment by improving indoor air quality.
- Thickness: 5/8" (15.9 mm) Type X
- Width: 4' (1220 mm)
- Lengths: 8' (2440 mm), 10' (3050 mm), 12' (3660 mm) Standard
- Weight: 2.8 lbs per SF (13.7 kg/m2)
- Edges: Tapered
- Packaging: Two pieces per bundle, face-to-face
- Product Standards ASTM C1396 CAN/CSA-A82.27 ASTM C1629
For complete Technical Data, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
CertainTeed AirRenew Essential Gypsum Board accepts water based acrylic (latex) paints, vapor barrier paints, primers, textures and breathable wallpapers. The surface shall be primed and sealed with a fullbodied latex primer before applying a final decorative material. This will equalize the suction between the joint compounds and the paper surface.
Note: The absorption rate of formaldehyde may be reduced by the application of primers and paints.
For best painting results, all surfaces, including joint compound, should be clean, dust-free and not glossy. If glossy paints are used, a thin skim coat of compound over the entire surface, Level 5 finish, is recommended to reduce highlighting or joint photographing. This method is also recommended for areas of critical side lighting of natural or artificial light sources. A water based primer/sealer application under breathable wallpaper or other wall covering is also recommended so the board surface will not be damaged, if the covering is subsequently removed during redecorating. Joint treatment must be thoroughly dry before proceeding with primer-sealer application and final decoration.
For complete installation instructions, please see Install Like the Pros, Gypsum Board Installation Guide.
Please see the attached document for complete warranty details.
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- Type X and Easi-lite
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.