From the company that invented Premium Blowing Wool
InsulSafe SP is a fiber glass blowing insulation used in residential and commercial construction as a thermal and sound absorbing insulation. It is designed for pneumatic installation in open (attic) and closed (sidewalls/floor) construction cavities. It may be used in retrofit applications.
- Better coverage
- Thermally efficient
- Excellent sound control
- Won't settle
- Lasts for life of the home to reduce energy demand and costs
- Environmentally sustainable
- Won't rot or decay
- Won't absorb moisture or support fungus growth
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified
- Limited lifetime warranty
These insulation products may qualify for rebates and other incentives. For more information, visit certainteed.com/itools for your area's specific offers.
Click Here to visit our Fire Performance Interactive Product Guide
Get Inspired and Learn More
InsulSafe SP complies with national, state and local building standards and qualifies as a Type I insulation under ASTM C 764. Surface burning characteristics per ASTM E 84 include a flame spread index less than 25 and a smoke developed index less than 50. InsulSafe SP is noncombustible per ASTM E 136.
ASTM C 764, Type I Pneumatic Applications
- Thermal resistance—ASTM C687 and C518
- Critical Radiant Flux— ASTM E970
- Combustion Characteristics—ASTM E136 (Non-combustibility)
- Water Vapor Sorption—ASTM C1104
- Corrosiveness—ASTM C764.12.7
- Fungi Resistance—ASTM C1338
- Surface Burning Characteristics—ASTM E84 (Flame Spread 5, Smoke Developed 5)
- California Quality Standards Reg. No. CA-T024 (PA)
- New York City—MEA 218-85M
- California 1350
When installed with pneumatic equipment, thermal performances will be achieved at the thicknesses, weights and coverage specified in the charts found on the product specification sheets.
For proper installation, see the InsulSafe SP Installation Guide (30-24-302).
Please refer to the CertainTeed Lifetime Limited Insulation Warranty for Fiber Glass Blowing Insulation.
CertainTeed insulation products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on foreign oil and lower greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, the recycled content of CertainTeed fiber glass insulation meets the EPA minimum Recovered Material Guideline for fiber glass products consisting of preconsumer and post-consumer glass cullet.
CertainTeed Sustainable Insulation is GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.