CedarBoards™ XL...Long on Looks!
CedarBoards XL panels are designed for special areas of the home where a continuous-panel appearance is preferred. The extra length of CedarBoards XL can significantly reduce seams for a smoother, more continuous look. The difference is seamlessly clear!
- Available in Double 6" and Single 7" Clapboard
- Custom contoured foam provides strength and rigidity for outstanding impact resistance
- R 2.0 to R 2.2 Prevents air infiltration to inhibit drafts
- Absorbs sound for reduced exterior noise infiltration
- TrueTexture™ rough cedar finish molded from real cedar boards
- 3/4" panel projection
- .044" thickness
- Virtually maintenance free, never needs painting
- Lifetime limited warranty
CedarBoards XL panels work with CedarBoards standard length siding in the same profile (Double 6" or Single 7")
Whether you need to obtain product dimensions for calculating the amount of siding you need for a job or find specific code numbers to verify compliance with local building codes, you will find it here.
Proper installation is critical.
These instructions describe and illustrate the steps involved in installing CertainTeed siding, trim, and accessories. Their purpose is to provide detailed information and how-to tips that will simplify the installation process. CertainTeed shall not accept any liability or responsibility under its written warranty for failure caused by application that does not meet the requirements for proper installation. CertainTeed has put together a full installation manual both in English and Spanish. Product specific installation guidelines are provided where applicable for speciality products.
You can feel confident that you have made the right decision buying from CertainTeed, a company that is an industry leader and stands behind its products with strong warranty protection. The CedarBoards™ Vinyl Siding Lifetime Limited Warranty will provide you with specific coverage information.
CertainTeed respects the environment through the responsible development of sustainable vinyl and polymer siding products and systems.
- 60% recycled content
- Participation in LEED and NAHB
- Benefits such as:
- Resource Efficiency — Our vinyl and polymer products are typically made using some recycled products. CedarBoards D6" Insulated siding contains 60% recycled material. Using recycled material protects our environment by finding a use for material that would otherwise be landfilled. In addition, our manufacturing plants regrind and recycle products that do not meet our rigid manufacturing specifications. This regrind is then incorporated into the manufacturing process. In fact, one of our plants has achieved nearly 100% recycling of all plant waste. Using materials that contain recycled materials can earn up to 2 points under LEED 2009 and 0.5 points per product for LEED H. CertainTeed vinyl siding, polymer siding and trim are typically made using some recycled content. CedarBoards D6" Insulated siding contains 60% recycled content.
- Energy Efficiency—When they are installed properly, vinyl siding and polymer siding create an efficient building envelope that does not conduct heat or cold. Some products—like our CedarBoards Insulated Siding—can actually increase the R-value of the building envelope, which reduces energy consumption and related CO2 emissions.
- Durability—Exterior walls, window frames, soffit, and trim that will not rot, peel, or warp can contribute to achieving points for Quality Management of Durability requirements for LEED H. Unlike wood, vinyl siding, polymer siding, and trim do not absorb water and are not subject to insect damage; they do not pit, rust, or corrode, and they never need painting. Most of our vinyl and polymer siding is warranted for the lifetime of the original owner, with the warranty transferable to a new homeowner for as much as 50 years from the date of installation. Vinyl siding, polymer siding, and PVC trim require less maintenance than wood and fiber cement.
Review additional green information on our products.
View our Sustainability Begins at Home Video.