PVC molding and millwork products are durable and easy to install. They can be sawed, drilled, nailed and glued like wood. PVC moldings and millwork are more flexible than wood. These products also resist splintering, decaying, and insect infestation. PVC molding and millwork products will not delaminate like wood.
PVC molding and millwork has produced a radical change in construction. It is a consistent, workable material that is simply impervious to weather. It cuts, routs, mills, and fastens with conventional woodworking tools. Because PVC moldings are cost-effective and indistinguishable from wood, they are often used for water table boards, drip edges, and kick-boards. PVC molding and millwork paints beautifully and lasts longer than when painted on wood.
In interior applications, PVC moldings and millwork are used throughout the home or building:
- Baseboard PVC moulding—at the junction of an interior wall and floor to protect the wall from impacts
- Quarter-round—at the bottom of the baseboard between the flooring and the baseboard
- PVC Bed moulding (both beveled and plain)—where wall and ceiling come together
- Casing— around the top and both sides of a door or window opening
- Crown PVC moulding—a decorative element above windows and doors.
PVC moulding and millwork are also used in exterior applications:
- Drip cap,—over a door or window to keep water from flowing under the cladding
- Shingle mould—at the top of the last row of siding and the soffit
- Board and batten—across a joint where two parallel panels or boards meet
- Brickmould—at the transition between brick and siding
Corner—covers the edge of the wall at an outside corner or covers a joint on an inside corner
For more information about PVC moulding please visit CertainTeed’s trim products page.
More on Trim