GlasRoc® Sheathing - 2015 is the next generation of the industry standard for high-performance, weather-resistive, gypsum-based sheathing.
- Available in 1/2" (12.7 mm) and 5/8" (15.9 mm) Type X
- Long term protection to weather exposure.
- A superior water resistant surface that does not inhibit water vapor permeance.
- Excellent fire resistance properties, and numerous fire rated assemblies.
- Mold and moisture resistance.
- Compatibility with most exterior wall systems and applications.
- Conformity to design and code requirements.
- Strength - with enough flexibility to bend to curved surfaces.
- A lightweight sheathing that cuts like regular gypsum board and is easy to handle and install - with minimal skin irritation due to embedded glass mat.
For a more detailed description, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet (found under the technical information tab).
GlasRoc Sheathing is a paperless gypsum panel with a water-resistant core and embedded glass mat which lies beneath a layer of gypsum, covered with an innovative polymer coating.
- Thicknesses: 1/2" (12.7 mm), 5/8" (15.9 mm) Type X
- Width: 4' (1220 mm) standard
- Length: 8' (2440 mm) standard (custom lengths available)
- Edges: Square Packaging: Per piece
For more detailed Technical Data, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
GlasRoc Sheathing Fastening Patterns. Fastening patterns and other detailed information for the recommended handling, storage, and application of gypsum sheathing can be found in the attached documents and in the following GA installation specification guides: GA-253 Application of Gypsum Sheathing, GA-254 Fire Resistant Gypsum Sheathing, GA-216 Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board, GA-226 Application of Gypsum Board to Curved Surfaces.
For complete installation instructions please see the attached documents.
CertainTeed provides a 12 month limited warranty against exposure and a 5 year limited warranty assuring product performance.
Please see the attached document for complete warranty details.
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- Type X and Easi-lite
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.