CertainTeed's Filtered Rolled Ridge Vent's unique weather filter acts as a secondary level of defense. Independent research and testing have demonstrated that the best performing ridge vent, in terms of airflow and weather protection, is an externally baffled ridge vent. We have taken that technology and incorporated it into our ridge vents in 28-foot rolls. CertainTeed Ridge Vents combined with sufficient intake vents, such as CertainTeed Intake Vent, are the most efficient and effective systems you can install.
- Fast and easy installation - internal ribbing adds rigidity to make the vent nail gun friendly. Roll it out and nail it down.
- Prevents the premature deterioration of shingles and other roofing materials caused by inadequate ventilation
- Meets typical roof shingle warranty ventilation requirements
- External wind baffle deflects wind and weather over the vent and creates low pressure above the vent to pull air out of the attic
- Built-in ventilating weather tight end plug flexes for different roof pitches and protects roof decking
- Each vent has 12 sq. in. of net free area per linear foot
- Accommodates roof pitches from 3/12 to 12/12
- Louver openings are sized to minimize insect infiltration and windblown debris
- Overall vent length of 28 feet provides 336 sq. in. of net free area per roll
- Equipped with an internal weather filter to reduce infiltration of windblown snow, rain and dust
- Two rolls of coil nails are included in carton
Applying a roof system correctly is essential to the warranty and performance of the roof. Please refer to the installation instructions for complete details. Available in English, Spanish and French.
CertainTeed warrants that its ventilation products will be free of manufacturing defects, and provides the extra assurance of SureStart ™ protection. See CertainTeed's Roofing Ventilation Products Limited Warranty document for specific warranty details regarding this product.