When it comes to applying a metal shingle, slate or mechanically-fastened tile roof, you need an underlayment that will increase the protection of your investment. Fulfill that need with CertainTeed's MetaLayment. Clogged gutters, high winds and ice dams cause water to accumulate on lower sloped roofs which can cause damage. MetaLayment can combat thesee elements. It is waterproof, does not rip and seals around nails driven through it.
MetaLayment is a film-surfaced, self-adhering underlayment designed especially for use beneath metal roofing. It has been designed to resist weather elements for 6+ months to meet the needs of phased construction as well as designed to withstand the high temperatures commonly seen under metal, up to 250ºF. And, since MetaLayment meets ASTM D1970, it is also acceptable as an ice dam protection sheet under shingles, tile, and shake roofs.
- Top Surface: Tear Resistant Film
- Back Surface: Silicone-coated Release Film
- Weight: 60 lbs. per roll
- Dimensions: 39-3/8" x 61' ( 200 sq. ft.)
- Thickness: 1.5mm (60 mils)
- Miami-Dade Product Control Acceptance: Please see the Notice of Acceptance (NOA) to determine approved products by manufacturing location.