CertainTeed Living Spaces® DREAM HOLMES Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Timing: The CertainTeed Living Spaces® DREAM HOLMES Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins June 16th, 2016 at 12:00pm EST and ends 11:59pm EST on July 30th, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years old or reached the age of majority at time of entry. The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Territories and outside of the United States, and where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees of CERTAINTEED CORPORATION, Pancake Laboratories, Inc., its affiliates and their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate. IF ANY ENTRANT DOES NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES, SUCH ENTRANT IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND CERTAINTEED CORPORATION (“Sponsor”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZE(S) TO SUCH ENTRANT. The Sweepstakes is subject to all state, federal and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in the Official Rules.
3. How to Enter: THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may access the Sweepstakes by visiting www.Certainteed.com/HomeFree (the “Sweepstakes Site”) and completing the on-screen instructions and registration form to receive one (1) official entry (a “Primary Entry”). For additional entries (a “Secondary Entry’), log into your account on Twitter, Facebook and/or Pinterest through the Sweepstakes Site’s “Refer A Friend” feature and agree to share confirmation of your entry into the Sweepstakes and a link to the Sweepstakes Site. If you do not have a Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest account, visit http://www.twitter.com/, http://www.facebook.com/ or http://www.pinterest.com/ to create one. Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest accounts are free. Limit one (1) Primary Entry and up to five (5) Secondary Entries per person. Secondary Entries are only received once a confirmation message and link to the Sweepstakes Site has been posted publically on Twitter, Facebook and/or Pinterest. All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries that are forged, altered, incomplete, garbled, or generated by a macro or with intent to subvert the entry
process will not be accepted and are void. Entries made by an individual or entity on behalf of a named entrant, and/or originating at any other web site (other than the Sweepstakes Site) or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified. All entries submitted become the sole property of CERTAINTEED CORPORATION and will not be returned. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. Selection of the Winner: One (1) winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received on or about August 2nd, 2016. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Selection of winner is final.
5. Notification of the Winner: You are not a winner until your eligibility has been verified, and it is determined that you have complied with all terms of the Official Rules. Winners will be notified via email by 5:00pm EST on August 3rd, 2016, and will be asked to send a reply email to accept or decline the prize by August 17th, 2016. CERTAINTEED CORPORATION and its agents will not be liable for inability to notify the winner, whether due to inaccurate entry information, change of email address or otherwise. The winner will have ten (10) business days from notification to fill out affidavit form to claim their prize and a winner who does not respond in this time period will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
6. Release: CERTAINTEED CORPORATION will require the winner to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release form and a W-9 form (W-9 only required if value of prize is $600 or more) as a condition to receipt of the prize. If such documents are not returned within the time period requested, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
7. Entry: Entries submitted to the Sweepstake Site will be deemed made by the authorized account holder, at the time of entry, of the e-mail address submitted. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet provider, online service provider or organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event of a dispute, the winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
8. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Winner will receive a prize package that includes one (1) in-home consultation with a CertainTeed design expert (not to exceed two (2) hours), one (1) $5,000 CertainTeed Product voucher, two (2) tickets to the 2017 International Builders Show, one (1) meet-and-greet with construction expert Mike Holmes to be redeemed at the 2017 International Builders Show (not to exceed one (1) hour), and a trip for two (2) to Orlando, FL, including round-trip coach class air transportation from the airport nearest the winner’s home city to Orlando International Airport (not to exceed $500 per ticket), ground transportation to the hotel (not to exceed $100 each way), three (3) night accommodations at a hotel nearest the International Builders Show based on duel occupancy and availability and length of stay (not to exceed $325 per night). Approximate retail value of the prize package is estimated at $36,100. In-home consultation must be redeemed by December 15th, 2016. Trip to the International Builders Show and meet-and-greet with Mike Holmes valid only for 2017 event taking place January 10th-12th, 2017. No substitute, transfer, or cash equivalent for the prize is allowed by the winner. CERTAINTEED CORPORATION, at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Advance reservations required. Taxes, fees & rentals not included. All departures subject to availability. Winner and guest will be required to sign a standard acknowledgement of risk and/or liability release before the trip, acknowledging awareness and acceptance of risk. Standard CERTAINTEED CORPORATION booking conditions apply. Winner and guest must be available to travel in accordance with CERTAINTEED CORPORATION schedule. Dates are subject to availability and at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Prize is not redeemed during these periods, it will be forfeited in its entirety and no compensation will be awarded in lieu thereof. Other restrictions may apply. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events/activities (including airline flights) beyond its control. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for travel (e.g., a valid driver’s license, U.S. passport, etc.). All other expenses on the receipt and use of the Prize not specifically mentioned herein, including but not limited to any required ground or air transportation other than that described above, tips, gratuities, incidentals; local and long distance telephone calls, and service charges, any necessary lodging other than that which is offered as part of the Prize, all meals and beverages, and any other miscellaneous expenses not offered by CERTAINTEED CORPORATION, are solely the responsibility of winner and guest. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Winner’s guest must be at least 7 years of age or older. If winner’s guest is not the age of majority in his/her state of residence, winner must be guest’s parent/legal guardian. Guest has no independent right or claim to any prize. Prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or substituted except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. Any portion of the Prize not accepted by winner or guest will be forfeited. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with Prize receipt, regardless of whether Prize is used in whole or in part. It is recommended that the winner and guest obtain sufficient personal insurance, including trip cancellation and car insurance, prior to departure; Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for securing such insurance. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Released Parties (as defined below) are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Winner and guest agree to comply with all CERTAINTEED CORPORATION rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize. By participating and accepting the Prize, winner represents that he/she understands that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, and in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Winner and guest represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the Prize trip. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Air transportation and accommodations are subject to availability. By entering this Sweepstakes and accepting the prize, the winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Sweepstakes- or prize-related activity. The winner understands and agrees that CERTAINTEED CORPORATION has the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the winner from any activity at any time if the winner's behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of CERTAINTEED CORPORATION or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers, and in such a case, the winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize. In addition to the prize package, the winner will receive a tax gross-up payment. All prize details are at CERTAINTEED CORPORATION’s discretion.
9. Release, Limitations on Liability: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and holds harmless CERTAINTEED CORPORATION and its parent companies, employees, officers and agents from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property in connection with participation in and use or misuse of the prize or for any cause of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery.
10. Publicity Release: Except where legally prohibited, winners consent to the use of his/her name and likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and city and state of residence in print, broadcast, Internet and other media for advertising, promotional and/or marketing purposes without additional compensation, limitation, restriction, notice, review or approval.
11. No Tampering; Right to Cancel, Modify: CERTAINTEED CORPORATION and its agents are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information, technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, entry materials that have been tampered with, or entries that are illegible, incomplete, late, lost or damaged or for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any material in this promotion. CERTAINTEED CORPORATION may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or CERTAINTEED CORPORATION’s representatives. CERTAINTEED CORPORATION reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion if it becomes technically corrupted or if is not capable of running as planned, including due to infections by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of CERTAINTEED CORPORATION which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. CERTAINTEED CORPORATION reserves the right to correct typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials.
12. Disputes: By entering the sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these official rules and are fully familiar with its contents. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually,
without resort to any class action and all claims, awards and judgments shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees. No entrant is permitted to obtain any award for, and waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the validity, construction, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In addition, any dispute relating to the Sweepstakes or Official Rules shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the county of Montgomery, Pennsylvania. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
14. List of Winners/Official Rules Requests: For a copy of the winners list or official rules by mail, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “CertainTeed Living Spaces® DREAM HOLMES Sweepstakes” to CERTAINTEED CORPORATION, 20 Moores Road, Malvern, PA 19355, Attn: Marketing Dept. All requests must be received by August 4th, 2016.
15. Sponsor: CERTAINTEED CORPORATION, 20 Moores Road, Malvern, PA 19355.
©2016 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.