Designed for fabrication into supply and return air duct work for both residential and commercial heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems. CertainTeed duct board products can be fabricated into square, rectangular or multisided sections. Standard, factory-molded male and female shiplap edges ensure tight and strong fabricated transverse joints. Composed of resin-bonded glass fibers with a reinforced foil laminate air barrier/vapor retarder facing applied to the outside surface and a textile fiber glass non-woven mat bonding to the air stream surface.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Quiet System: The fiber glass acoustical insulation attenuates unwanted cross talk, air rush and equipment noise.
- Lower Operating Costs: The exceptional low leakage rate (SMACNA class 6), in combination with the thermal efficiency of ToughGard and Ultra*Duct Black, means savings in energy and improved system performance.
- Reduces Condensation: The built-in vapor retarder on ToughGard and Ultra*Duct Black reduces the chance of condensation and the resulting chance of material and system damage caused by unwanted moisture.
- Durability and Cleanability: ToughGard’s tough air stream surface makes it resistant to fabrication, job site and installation damage and provides extra protection during system cleaning. Ultra*Duct Black and ToughGard duct board can be cleaned effectively with industry recognized duct cleaning equipment and procedures as outlined in the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association (NAIMA) Duct Cleaning Guide. Proper design, filtration, maintenance and operation of the HVAC system will reduce the need for cleaning.
- Resists Microbial Growth: The air stream surface of CertainTeed duct board contains an EPA registered antimicrobial agent to reduce the potential of microbial growth that may affect this product. The antimicrobial properties are intended to only protect this product.
Get Inspired and Learn More
Click links to access technical specifications, safety data sheets and documents.
All fabrication, application and installation steps shall be in compliance with the NAIMA Fibrous Glass Duct Construction Standard or the SMACNA Fibrous Glass Duct Construction Standard and the project specification. Refer to CertainTeed installation manuals or CertainTeed specification data sheets for installation guidelines.
An inspection and preventative maintenance program for the HVAC system is recommended to ensure optimum performance
Please refer to CertainTeed's Limited One-Year Warranty for Non-Residential Fiber Glass Insulation.
CertainTeed insulation products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on foreign oil and lower greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, the recycled content of CertainTeed fiber glass insulation meets the EPA minimum Recovered Material Guideline for fiber glass products consisting of preconsumer and post-consumer glass cullet. CertainTeed Sustainable Insulation is GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.