When designing HVAC systems, ToughGard® Fiber Glass Duct Board from CertainTeed is a great choice. With ToughGard Duct Board from CertainTeed you can expect excellent quality, a rigid butt edged board with a tough, durable airstream surface and the assurance of a well-sealed duct system that keeps moisture out and comfort in. The tougher, smoother, more damage-resistant airstream surface provides exceptional resistance to tearing, puncturing, and surface wear during installation and cleaning. It also serves as a barrier against infiltration of dust and dirt into the insulation, improves system efficiency, exhibits low air resistance, and reduces the potential for fiber erosion.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Keeps air rush and equipment noise in a home to a minimum
- Helps reduce noise generated by cross talk, system expansion and air movement
- Thermally Efficient
- Improves energy efficiency and saves homeowners money by reducing heat loss or gain
- Duct board system with properly sealed joints virtually eliminates leakage common with sheet metal ducts
- Reduces or eliminates call-backs and results in satisfied homeowners
- Moisture Resistant
- Provides superior moisture resistance compared to other duct boards
- Reduces homeowner concern about problems from condensation, mold and bacterial growth
- Easily cleaned thanks to abrasion-resistant airstream surface
- Surface is treated with an EPA-registered antimicrobial agent to reduce the potential for microbial growth
- Cost Effective
- Resists damage during fabrication, installation, and cleaning
- Generally costs less than sheet metal ductwork
Specify ToughGard Duct Board and attract buyers with benefits they can relate to:
- Costs less than bare sheet metal systems
- Makes HVAC equipment downsizing possible
- Delivers maximum heating and cooling comfort
- Provides exceptional acoustical performance
- Improves indoor air quality
- Helps eliminate condensation problems
- Provides energy savings for homeowner
Get Inspired and Learn More
Click links to access technical specifications, safety data sheets and documents.
All fabrication, application and installation steps shall be in compliance with the NAIMA Fibrous Glass Duct Construction Standard or the SMACNA Fibrous Glass Duct Construction Standard and the project specification. Refer to CertainTeed installation manuals or CertainTeed specification data sheets for installation guidelines.
An inspection and preventative maintenance program for the HVAC system is recommended to ensure optimum performance.
Please refer to the CertainTeed ToughGard Duct Board Limited Lifetime Warranty
CertainTeed insulation products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on foreign oil and lower greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, the recycled content of CertainTeed fiber glass insulation meets the EPA minimum Recovered Material Guideline for fiber glass products consisting of preconsumer and post-consumer glass cullet. CertainTeed Sustainable Insulation is GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.