Our High Temperature Blanket is composed of rotary glass fibers bonded with a thermosetting resin and formed into plain, flexible and resilient thermal insulation. HT blankets contain more than 60% recycled glass content and are designed for use on industrial equipment, panel systems, pipe fittings and tanks operating at temperatures up to 1000°F (538°C).
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Can be used on industrial equipment operating at temperatures up to 1000°F (538°C)
- May be applied directly to any hot surface
- Type 1 can be used on panel systems as a flexible wrap, or on industrial ovens
- Type 2 can be used for metal mesh blankets, on boilers, vessels and other industrial equipment operating at temperatures up to 1000°F (538°C)
- Type 1 is available in batt or roll form
- Type 2 is available in batt form only
- Easy to handle, cut with a knife and install
- Contains over 60% recycled glass content
Click links to access technical specifications, safety data sheets and documents.
HT blanket insulations, both Type 1 and Type 2, may be applied directly to any hot surface. This is normally accomplished by securing through the use of welded studs and nuts or pins and speed washers and then providing a final covering of sheet metal, expanded metal, metal mesh, or cemtentitous mastics. If pins and speed washers are incorporated, you must ensure that the insulation is not compressed under the washer.
CertainTeed has no control over the installation design, installation workmanship, acessory materials, or conditions of application, CertainTeed does not warrant the performance or results of any installation containing its products.
CertainTeed insulation products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on foreign oil and lower greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, the recycled content of CertainTeed fiber glass insulation meets the EPA minimum Recovered Material Guideline for fiber glass products consisting of preconsumer and post-consumer glass cullet. CertainTeed Sustainable Insulation is GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.