Fort McMurray Rebuild Heroes Contest
- Sponsor & Contest Period: The Fort McMurray Rebuild Heroes Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by CertainTeed Gypsum Canada (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 04, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on November 03, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, each Nominator and Nominee (see rule 2) agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants further agree to abide by and be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of the prize(s), including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of Entries.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for a Prize (see rule 5) and be nominated by oneself or by another person, a person (herein referred to as a “Nominee”) must, at the time of being nominated, be a resident of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) who has reached the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence and be a skilled trade worker (contractors, foreman, drywallers, plumbers, electricians and others that are taking part to build homes and/or complete repairs in Fort McMurray, AB) working and temporarily or permanently residing in Fort McMurray, AB during the Contest Period. A Nominee is defined as any person that is the subject of a Submission (see rule 3) uploaded to the Contest Website (see rule 3) during the Contest Period. A Nominee may be contacted to confirm validity of the information contained in the Submission and will be required to supply additional personal information in order to be considered for the Prize selection. Specifically excluded from being nominated in the Contest are: (i) employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Contest Parties”); and (ii) a member of any Contest Parties immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the person or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse. To nominate oneself or another person, a person (herein referred to as a “Nominator”) must, at the time of nominating, be a resident of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) who has reached the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence. A Nominator is defined as any person who uploads an acceptable Submission of a Nominee who they believe deserves to be a Rebuild Hero. A Nominator may be contacted to learn additional information about their candidate and may be asked to provide additional references to confirm the validity of claims made in the Submission. Specifically excluded from nominating in the Contest are: (i) Contest Parties; and (ii) a member of any Contest Parties immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the person or not).
- How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter your Nominee into the Contest, visit www.certainteed.com/rebuildhero (the “Contest Website”) and complete the Nominator entry form (“Nominator Entry Form”) with your full name, a valid email address and a daytime telephone number (including area code). Next, complete the Nominee entry form (the “Nominee Entry Form”) with your Nominee’s first name and last name, valid email address, and daytime telephone number (including area code). You may nominate yourself. Next, share a Story (the “Story”) on why or how your Nominee should be recognized as a Rebuild Hero through the hard work and dedication of your Nominee taking part to build homes and/or complete repairs in Fort McMurray, AB. Next, confirm compliance with these Official Rules and indicate if you wish to receive future information from the Sponsor regarding upcoming events and/or promotions. Upon doing so, click “Submit” and your Story (the “Submission”) will be reviewed by the Sponsor (or its designated representative(s)) to determine if the Submission meets the requirements outlined in rule 4. If eligible, your Submission will be considered an official entry (the “Entry”) into the Contest. The Nominator must obtain permission from the Nominee to submit the Nominee’s personal information and Story prior to entering. The onus for obtaining such consent rests entirely with the Nominator. All fields are mandatory unless marked as optional. There are no limits to the number of people that you can nominate during the Contest Period, however you must submit a new Submission each time you enter the Contest and you may only nominate a person once.Submissions must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on November 03, 2017 (the “Contest Closing Date”). You may only use one (1) email address to enter the Contest. In the event it is determined that a Nominator/Nominee has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of Submissions permitted by these Official Rules and/or has submitted the same Submission more than once, the Nominee will be disqualified and all of the Submissions submitted by the Nominator/Nominee will be disqualified. Any attempt by any Nominator/Nominee to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different names, email addresses, identities, or any other methods will void all that person’s Submissions and eligibility to win a Prize and that Nominator/Nominee will be disqualified from the Contest.
- Story Format and Content: Each Story must:
- be in English;
- be no more than 250 words in length;
- explain why the person you are nominating deserves to be a Rebuild Hero;
- be intended for family audience viewing and contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons, including persons under the age of 13;
- not contain any nude, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content of any kind whatsoever;
- not contain any content that promotes any product or service other than that of the Sponsor;
- not contain any language suggesting or encouraging illegal activity;
- not contain anything that infringes or that may infringe anyone’s rights, including intellectual property rights;
- not contain any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands, logos or copyright, other than those of the Sponsor.
- Prizes: There are five (5) Prizes available to be won, each consisting of $2,000.00 (CDN) awarded in the form of a prepaid Gift Card as selected by the Sponsor and a $2,000.00 (CDN) donation made by the Sponsor in the winner’s name to a Canadian charity of the winner’s choice. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equivalent monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any other costs or expenses associated with the prizes not specified herein will be the responsibility of selected winners.
- Winner Selection: One (1) random draw will take place at in Oakville, ON at approximately 10:00:00 AM ET on November 09, 2017 (the “Draw Date”) from among all eligible Submissions received during the Contest Period to determine the two (2) selected Nominees (each a “ Selected Entrant”). Odds of being selected for a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Submissions received by the Contest Closing Date. Each Selected Entrant will be contacted by email or telephone within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. If a Selected Entrant (a) cannot be reached by email or telephone within five (5) business days of the Draw Date or (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see rule 7), then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by email or telephone with an entrant (who would then be a Selected Entrant) or there are no more eligible Submissions, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Selected Entrant.
- Selected Entrant Verification and Prize Claim Conditions: To be declared a Prize winner, each Selected Entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill testing question. Each Selected Entrant will also be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of notification the Release Form, which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Official Rules including eligibility requirements; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (c) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents and associated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the Selected Entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (d) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the Selected Entrant’s name, address, voice, statements about the Contest, photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and the internet. Prizes will be shipped to the applicable winner within four (4) to six (6) weeks of receipt and verification of his/her Release Form (and subject to compliance with all other condition and requirements provided in these Official Rules).
- Right to Void / Terminate / Suspend / Modify: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor's sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical failures, which, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion and void any suspect entries and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prizes from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest, violates the Official Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- By entering the Contest, each Nominator/Nominee agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet. All Submissions become the property of Sponsor. By entering the Contest, you grant the Sponsor a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Submission (and each component thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. Upon entry, each Nominator/Nominee irrevocably waives all moral rights protecting the Submission (and each component thereof) in favour of the Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use the Submission). Submissions, may, throughout the Contest and thereafter, be distributed, used, reproduced, exhibited, donated, sold and/or displayed by the Sponsor on its website or otherwise, which rights are granted by an entrant to the Sponsor upon entry, all without notice or compensation to the Nominator/Nominee.
- Limitation of Liability and Releases: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR AND THE INDEPENDENT CONTEST ORGANIZATION HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM THE CONTEST, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE. FURTHER, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR AND THE INDEPENDENT CONTEST ORGANIZATION HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM: A) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR B) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore such exclusions may not apply to you.
Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor, the independent contest organization, and any of Sponsor's other suppliers or contractors, shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest; (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (c) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (d) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (e) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (f) failure of any communication to be received by or from the independent contest organization or Sponsor for any reason; (g) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (h) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- General Conditions: All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned and no correspondence will be made with or entered into except with selected entrant(s). By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that Sponsor and the independent contest organization have not made, with respect to each of their own products/services provided as a prize or part thereof (if applicable), any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein. Mass entries, automated entries, entries submitted by third parties, and any entries or prize claims that are late, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified or delayed will be void. All entries and prize claims are subject to verification. Proof of entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules. Decisions of Sponsor and/or any independent contest organization will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner may be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize, or the cash value thereof. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.