CertainTeed M2Tech® Moisture and Mold resistant drywall features a unique technology that combines moisture and mold resistance and is specially engineered to provide enhanced protection against mold growth. Designed for use on interior walls and ceilings in standard residential, commercial, and institutional applications where enhanced mold resistance is preferred. M2Tech Moisture & Mold resistant drywall is also available in Type X for enhanced fire resistance.
M2Tech Moisture & Mold Resistant Drywall:
- Achieves the best possible score of 10 for mold resistance per ASTM D3273
- Achieves less than 5% water absorption by weight after 2-hour immersion, as per ASTM C473 test method
- GREENGUARD Gold Certification
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certification
Get Inspired and Learn More
M2Tech® Moisture and Mold Resistant drywall is a treated paper-faced wallboard with a moisture-resistant core enclosed in a 100% recycle moisture and mold resistant light violet colored face paper and bronze back paper.
- Thickness: 1/2" (12.7mm), 5/8" (15.9mm)
- Lengths: 8' (2440mm), 10' (3050mm), 12' (3660mm) Width: 4' (1220mm)
- Edges: Tapered
- Paper: 100% recycled moisture and mold resistant light violet colored face paper and bronze back paper
- Weight: 1/2" (1.6 lb/ft2 (7.8 kg/m2), 5/8" Type X (2.2 lb/ft2 (10.7 kg/m2)
For more detailed Technical Data, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
CertainTeed Regular Gypsum Board accepts most types of paints, textures and wall covering materials. The surface shall be primed and sealed with a full-bodied latex primer before applying a final decorative material. This will equalize the suction between the joint compounds and the paper surface. For best painting results, all surfaces, including joint compound, should be clean, dust-free and not glossy. If glossy paints are used, a thin skim coat of compound over the entire surface, Level 5 finish, is recommended to reduce highlighting or joint photographing. This method is also recommended for areas of critical sidelighting of natural or artificial light sources. A sealer application under wallpaper or other wall coverings is also recommended so the board surface will not be damaged if the covering is subsequently removed during redecorating. Joint treatment must be thoroughly dry before proceeding with primer-sealer application and final decoration. For a complete mold resistant system, use with M2Tech finishing products where available. For important specific fire safety information, please refer to the Gypsum Association's GA-600 Fire Resistance Design Manual or to the UL Fire Resistance Directory.
For complete installation instructions, please see Install Like the Pros, Gypsum Board Installation Guide.
Please see the attached document for complete warranty details.
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- Type X and Easi-lite
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.