Quick Prep interior prep coat/primer is a ready to spray or roll primer. It is suited for use on interior drywall and concrete surfaces and may be applied in spray or roller application. Quick Prep is specifically formulated to minimize flashing on drywall; to uniform various porosities and minimize texture variation between gypsum board face paper and joint compound.
- Color: White
- Packaging: 5 US Gal. (18.9 L) pail
- Finish: Smooth Coverage: 200-300 square feet (18.6-27.9 square meters) per gallon for optimum hide on drywall. Coverage rates will vary with mm thickness, applicator technique and type of spray tip (amount of fallout).
- Shelf Life: Please see the "Technical Guide - Finishing Product Shelf Life" for details
- Storage: Store materials in a dry area. Protect materials from direct sunlight. Store materials at a temperature between 40°F – 90°F (4°C – 33°C). Do not freeze, product will not recover.
- Mix by stirring. Thinning is optional. May be thinned with one pint of water per five gallons. Maintain minimum air temperature of 55°F (10°C) during application until completely dry. Product should be applied to walls first to eliminate fallout on the sanding fuzz. While the wall is wet, spray the ceilings so the fallout will soak into wet material. Apply with airless sprayer with minimum pump capacity of one gallon per minute. Suggested tip size range from 0.023 to 0.031. May also apply with 1/4", 3/8" to 1/2" nap roller. Sanding is optional. Easily sands with 180 to 220 screen or film back to achieve plaster like finish.
Do not allow product to freeze as the product will not recover.
Since methods and conditions of application and storage, such as temperature, humidity, and over thinning are beyond our control, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc. (CertainTeed) will not be responsible for the failure of this product when not used and stored according to directions and specifications and accepted standards of procedure inherent in drywall application; or when reasonable allowance is not made by the user for adverse weather and job conditions.
However, if this product proves to be defective, CertainTeed’s maximum liability shall be limited to replacement of the defective material only or refund of the original purchase price. CertainTeed will not be responsible for any other costs or expenses. These shall be the exclusive warranty and remedies provided by CertainTeed, including without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for use and fitness for a particular purpose. All claims shall be submitted in writing to CertainTeed within thirty days from the date of discovery. State or federal laws may provide rights in addition to this limited warranty that cannot be modified or excluded.
CertainTeed takes pride in providing the best solutions to make the spaces where we work, live, and play healthier and safer. This means offering high-performing products that create better living environments.
Our products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on hydrocarbons and lower greenhouse gas emissions.
CertainTeed’s ongoing commitment to sustainability in our manufacturing operations incorporates the principles of industrial ecology, managing energy and water, and reducing waste.
Our ecomedes Sustainable Product Platform allows you to quickly access the product information and certifications you need, calculate contributions to LEED and other green building rating systems and create and save a group of products using the project feature. The information is free to access and always up to date.