Plaster of Paris is a top quality, quick setting plaster normally used in combination with gauged lime putty when a shorter set time is desired. It can also be used, mixed with lime putty, for forming plaster mouldings where required. Can be used in a variety of applications.
Fast-setting – allows adjustments to the set time.
Plaster of Paris – 20 kg - Made in Canada
- Material: Plaster
- Color: Off white
- Packaging: 20 kg (44 lbs) bag
- Coverage: Varies depending on application.
- Shelf Life: Please see the "Technical Guide - Finishing Product Shelf Life" for shelf life details
- Storage: Rotate stock to avoid aging problems. Use within 60 days of delivery. Abnormal storage conditions (e.g., high humidity), aged product, and improper proportioning can adversely affect hardness and working properties of the material. Store in a dry location.
For complete Technical Data, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
To shorten the set time of gauged plaster:
- Pour approximately 30 liters of clean water into the center of a ring formed from approximately 50kg of lime putty. Slowly add the amount of Plaster of Paris that will give the desired setting time, along with the gauging plaster, into the water without allowing the plasters to come into contact with the lime putty. Add 1 part dry gauging plaster by volume to 3 parts lime putty by volume. After the dry plasters have soaked up the water, mix the plasters with the water and then thoroughly blend the plaster with the lime putty. Avoid scraping the gauging board while mixing.
To use for forming plaster mouldings:
- Use approximately 7 parts water to 10 parts plaster by weight. Sprinkle plaster into water and allow plaster to soak for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir until uniform in consistency, then pour into the mold.
Please see Install Like the Pros for complete installation instructions
Since methods and conditions of application and storage, such as temperature, humidity, and over thinning are beyond our control, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc. (CertainTeed) will not be responsible for the failure of this product when not used and stored according to directions and specifications and accepted standards of procedure inherent in drywall application; or when reasonable allowance is not made by the user for adverse weather and job conditions.
However, if this product proves to be defective, CertainTeed’s maximum liability shall be limited to replacement of the defective material only or refund of the original purchase price. CertainTeed will not be responsible for any other costs or expenses. These shall be the exclusive warranty and remedies provided by CertainTeed, including without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for use and fitness for a particular purpose. All claims shall be submitted in writing to CertainTeed within thirty days from the date of discovery. State or federal laws may provide rights in addition to this limited warranty that cannot be modified or excluded.
CertainTeed takes pride in providing the best solutions to make the spaces where we work, live, and play healthier and safer. This means offering high-performing products that create better living environments.
Our products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on hydrocarbons and lower greenhouse gas emissions.
CertainTeed’s ongoing commitment to sustainability in our manufacturing operations incorporates the principles of industrial ecology, managing energy and water, and reducing waste.
Our ecomedes Sustainable Product Platform allows you to quickly access the product information and certifications you need, calculate contributions to LEED and other green building rating systems and create and save a group of products using the project feature. The information is free to access and always up to date.