M2Tech® 90 Moisture and Mold Resistant Setting Compound is formulated to resist moisture and mold. It is a necessary component for a complete M2Tech moisture and mold resistant system. It is a lightweight sandable chemically setting powder used to prefill joints, embed joint tape and conceal joints, fasteners and trim accessories on drywall. It can also be used for interior patching and repair. Sets in approximately 90 minutes. Ready-Mixed Joint Compounds should be used for finishing.
M2Tech® 90 Moisture and Mold Resistant 11 kg Bag
M2Tech® 90 Moisture and Mold Resistant 8.1 kg Bag
For a complete product description, please see the the Product Data Sheet.
- Color: Off white
- Coverage: Approximate coverage is 55 lbs (25 kg) of powder per 1000 ft2 (93 m2) of drywall panel.
- Storage: Rotate stock to avoid aging problems. Use within 60 days of delivery. Store in a dry location. Keep away from moisture. Opened bags should be closed tightly before storage.
- Shelf Life: Please see the "Technical Guide - Finishing Product Shelf Life" for details
- Drywall joints are normally finished using three coats of compound; the first to embed the tape; the second to cover the tape, and the third to finish the joint. Sandable Setting-Type Compound can be used for the first and second coats. Although the third coat is typically done with a ready-mix product, the Sandable Setting-Type Compounds can be used as well. For joint reinforcement the use of Fibreglass mesh tape is recommended. Apply the first coat to the joint in a band about 2-1/2" (64 mm) wide. Center mesh tape over joint and embed with a broad knife. Allow to set, as per product specifications on the package.
- These compounds generate heat as they harden. Keep the compound away from exposed skin during the hardening process to prevent burns. Do not apply or re-mix after it has started to set. Compound must be applied to a clean, dry surface. Use is limited for above grade applications. When mixing and/or dry sanding, wear safety glasses and dust mask approved by NIOSH/MSHA. Keep out of reach of children.
- Allow to dry for 24 hours before sanding. Use 120 grit sand-paper and a hand or pole sander. Do not sand the surface of the drywall paper.
For complete installation details, please see the Installation Guide or Install Like the Pros.
Since methods and conditions of application and storage, such as temperature, humidity, and over thinning are beyond our control, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc. (CertainTeed) will not be responsible for the failure of this product when not used and stored according to directions and specifications and accepted standards of procedure inherent in drywall application; or when reasonable allowance is not made by the user for adverse weather and job conditions.
However, if this product proves to be defective, CertainTeed’s maximum liability shall be limited to replacement of the defective material only or refund of the original purchase price. CertainTeed will not be responsible for any other costs or expenses. These shall be the exclusive warranty and remedies provided by CertainTeed, including without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for use and fitness for a particular purpose. All claims shall be submitted in writing to CertainTeed within thirty days from the date of discovery. State or federal laws may provide rights in addition to this limited warranty that cannot be modified or excluded.
CertainTeed takes pride in providing the best solutions to make the spaces where we work, live, and play healthier and safer. This means offering high-performing products that create better living environments.
Our products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on hydrocarbons and lower greenhouse gas emissions.
CertainTeed’s ongoing commitment to sustainability in our manufacturing operations incorporates the principles of industrial ecology, managing energy and water, and reducing waste.
Our ecomedes Sustainable Product Platform allows you to quickly access the product information and certifications you need, calculate contributions to LEED and other green building rating systems and create and save a group of products using the project feature. The information is free to access and always up to date.