CertainTeed's Flintlastic® Ultra Glass SA is designed to reduce labor expense while enhancing protection. This robust (120 mils, 3.0mm), SBS-modified bitumen base sheet is engineered to be paired with either a torch-applied, hot-asphalt-applied or cold adhesive-applied cap sheet. It is suitable for use in the construction of various types of low-slope membranes for both new construction and reroofing, over a variety of substrates.
- Reduced labor with self-adhering base ply paired with any torch-applied, hot asphalt-applied or cold-adhesive-applied cap sheet
- Reduced installed cost by eliminating the need for cover board with polyisocyanurate insulation – adhere Flintlastic Ultra Glass SA directly to FlintBoard
- Strength and rooftop dimensional stability on the roof with heavy duty fiberglass reinforcement
- Flexibility, especially in cold temperatures with SBS-modified asphalt
- Retard vapor, as required, under roof insulation with fully adhered ply
- NEW! Obtain 25-year warranty coverage with two layers of FlintBoard insulation (second layer adhered), Flintlastic Ultra Glass SA (self-adhered) and either Flintlastic GTA-FR (torch) or Flintlastic Premium FR-P (hot/cold).
Get Inspired and Learn More
- Application: Self-Adhered
- Material: SBS Modified Bitumen
- Reinforcement: Fiberglass
- Top Surface: Fine black minerals
- Coverage: 111 square feet (one square, nominal)
- Weight: 72 pounds
- Thickness: 3.0mm (120 mils)
- ASTM: D6163, Grade S, Type I; D1970
For additional technical resources please refer to the CertainTeed Commercial Roof Systems Manual.
CertainTeed's Flintlastic Ultra Glass SA is self-adhered. Flintlastic Ultra Glass SA is installed with 4" side laps and 6" end laps, with end laps diagonally staggered not less than 3' apart. Flintlastic Ultra Glass SA must be applied to a clean, non-nailable substrate by peeling off the siliconized backer that exposes a specially formulated SBS high-tack self-adhesive surface.
Rolls should be stored upright, off ground, completely protected from the weather. Roof decks shall be structurally sound, dry, and smooth and meet or exceed minimum requirements of the deck manufacturer, local code and CertainTeed.
CertainTeed backs its commercial roofing systems with the confidence of four warranty choices:
- Limited Warranty on Materials
- Limited Warranty on Systems
- No Dollar Limit (NDL) Limited Warranty
- Full System NDL Limited Warranty
Owners and specifiers who choose the NDL or Full System NDL warranty options have the added security of manufacturer involvement in the sometimes difficult process of contractor qualifying and workmanship inspection. Consult with the roofing contractor and your CertainTeed commercial roofing territory manager to decide which CertainTeed warranty is best for your building or project.