CertainTeed Flintlastic® GTA CoolStar® is a polyester-reinforced mineral surfaced APP modified cap sheet with reflective CoolStar granules. It is designed for use as a roofing membrane over various types of substrates for both new construction and reroofing installations. It is suitable for most low sloped roof decks and may be used for roof system flashings including wall treatments, base flashings and field flashings.
- Granulated, uncoated finish
- Handles like standard product - no special installation requirements
- Low maintenance
- Consistent, bright, highly reflective surface
- Solar Reflectance (SR) Initial/Aged: ASTM D7897 Rapid Rating; 72%/66%
- Solar Reflectance Index (SRI) Initial/Aged: ASTM E19080 79; 89/80
Flintlastic GTA CoolStar meets or exceeds ENERGY STAR® requirements and can be used to comply with the 2016 California Title 24 Part 6 Cool Roof Requirements. Visit www.coolroofs.org or www.energystar.gov for more information.
CertainTeed Flintlastic GTA CoolStar is produced with a high performance, non-woven polyester mat which is impregnated and coated with a superior grade, modified bitumen compound.
- Top Surface: Highly reflective CoolStar granuals
- Back Surface: Torchable polyethylene film
- Weight: 106 lbs. per roll
- Dimensions: 39-3/8" x 32' 10" (100 sq. ft.)
- Thickness: 4.0mm (156 mils)
- Coverage: One square
For additional technical resources please refer to the CertainTeed Commercial Roof Systems Manual.
CertainTeed Flintlastic GTA CoolStar is intended for torch application only and should not be exposed to adhesives or solvent based materials. Rolls should be stored upright, off ground, completely protected from the weather. Roof decks shall be structurally sound, dry, smooth and meet or exceed minimum requirements of the deck manufacturer, local code and CertainTeed.
For additional technical resources please refer to the CertainTeed Commercial Roof Systems Manual or the Application Manual.
CertainTeed backs its commercial roofing systems with the confidence of three warranty choices:
- Limited Product Warranty
- NDL Roof Membrane Limited Warranty*
- Full System NDL Limited Warranty*
Owners and specifiers who choose the NDL or Full System NDL warranty options have the added security of manufacturer involvement in the sometimes difficult process of contractor qualifying and workmanship inspection. Consult with the roofing contractor and your CertainTeed commercial roofing territory manager to decide which CertainTeed warranty is best for your building or project.
*NDL warranties are not available on all specifications and are only available through CertainTeed Gold and Silver Star Contractors