The CertainTeed Solar Warranty Advantage
CertainTeed has been a leader in the building products industry for more than 110 years, and CertainTeed Solar is proud to offer you the strongest warranty in the solar industry. Unlike other solar systems that have separate warranties from each component manufacturer, you get one all-encompassing warranty with CertainTeed, covering all system components. In addition, the professional installation of your system is also covered for up to 25 years when you work with a CertainTeed-credentialed solar installer.
Why are solar system warranties important?
- Solar systems are expected to last a long time. You are counting on your system to generate a positive financial return for the next 25 years.
- Very few solar equipment manufacturers have been in business for the duration of the warranties that they are offering.
- The solar equipment manufacturing industry is turbulent. Only one of the top 10 solar module manufacturers in 2005 is in the top 10 today. †‡
What’s included when you work with a CertainTeed Credentialed Solar Installer?
- A single-source warranty for all system components
- End-to-end coverage for our products and the installation workmanship, even if the installer who provided your service is no longer in business
- If you already have a CertainTeed roof, or if you replace your roof with CertainTeed products, your entire roof and solar system are warranted by one company
If I have an issue, how does it work?
CertainTeed Solar’s warranty agreement is straightforward. If you’re having a problem with your solar system, contact the CertainTeed-credentialed solar installer who installed your system. If they are not available, you can submit a warranty claim directly with CertainTeed by going to www.ctndl.com/resndlsite/ or calling 800-345-1145. Unlike most equipment warranties which only provide for replacement products, your warranty covers the cost of having a CertainTeed-credentialed solar installer:
- Test the system to determine the cause of a performance problem
- Ship replacement products when needed
- Repair or replace any deficient components
- Correct any faulty installation workmanship
What does it cost?
There’s no additional cost for CertainTeed Solar’s comprehensive system and workmanship warranty. Because you’re working with a CertainTeed Solar Credentialed Solar Installer, you’re covered.
Is it transferable?
Many manufacturers limit warranty coverage to the original equipment owner, but with CertainTeed you have the flexibility to:
- Transfer warranty coverage an unlimited amount of times in the first ten years for Apollo II and Apollo Tile II systems
- Transfer warranty coverage one time within the first ten years for a Solstice system
What are the specific warranty coverage details?
|Solar Module Power Output*||25 years|
|Microinverters and DC Optimizers**||25 years|
|Mounting System||25 years|
|DC Optimized Inverter**||12 years|
|APOLLO II & APOLLO TILE II WARRANTY||COVERAGE|
|Solar Shingle or Tile Power Output*||25 years|
|All other Components supplied by CertainTeed||10 years|
|110 mph wind warranty||10 years|
* Power output warranties reflect how a module performs under standard lab test conditions. Environmental factors like high temperatures, low-light conditions, and shading contribute to differences in output on the roof as compared with standard lab test conditions.
** Communications hardware is warranted for 5 years
When a Solstice, Apollo II or Apollo Tile II system is installed by a CertainTeed-credentialed solar installer, the professional installation of the system is warranted as follows:
|CertainTeed Solar Installer||15 years|
|Master Solar Installer||25 years|
You may request that the solar installer provide their certificate, or visit www.certainteed.com/find-a-pro to confirm their installer status.