- Light-density faced fiber glass blankets with 4" (102mm) flanges.
- Facings available: White Poly Scrim Kraft (PSK); Foil Scrim Kraft (FSK)
- Adding thermal performance below the wood roof deck systems of large retail stores, warehouses, lofts, and studios.
- Class A, Class I, Fire Hazard Classification 25/50 for exposed applications.
- Energy saving thermal performance.
- FSK and White PSK facings provide high light reflectance.
- Will not rot or mildew; resists fungal growth.
- Increases sound transmissions class (STC) ratings.
- Absorbs noise, reduces noise transmission.
These insulation products may qualify for rebates and other incentives. For more information, visit certainteed.com/itools for your area's specific offers.
Click Here to visit our Acoustic Performance Interactive Learning Guide
Help build an environment of change.™ - Sustainable Insulation
Get Inspired and Learn More
Download Product Specifications, Submittal Forms and SDS here
- Position the batt and staple through the back surface of the extended flange to the side of the joist.
- Swing the batt into the cavity, fold the opposite flange over the other side of the next joist, and staple the flange to it spacing staples approximately every 8" (200mm) with beginning and ending staples about 1" (25mm) from the end of the flange. This installation allows full thickness recovery of R-19 insulation in 2x4 construction.
- For R-30 insulation in 2x6 construction, the insulation is compressed to approximately 81/2" (216mm), which results in an installed R-Value of 28 (RSI, 4.93).
- In each case, the insulation should hang approximately 3" (75mm) below the bottoms of the joists.
These installation recommendations are general in nature. Other methods are acceptable. Please consult local building codes for recommendations best suited to the application.
Please refer to CertaPro® Commercial Limited One-Year Fiber Glass Insulation Warranty.
In as much as CertainTeed has no control over the installation design, installation workmanship, accessory materials, or conditions of application, CertainTeed does not warrant the performance or results of any installation containing its products.
CertainTeed insulation products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on foreign oil and lower greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, the recycled content of CertainTeed fiber glass insulation meets the EPA minimum Recovered Material Guideline for fiber glass products consisting of preconsumer and post-consumer glass cullet.
CertainTeed Sustainable Insulation is GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.