Presidential Shake IR's sculpted edges and staggered design combine to give your roof the charm and beauty of authentic wood shakes. Presidential Shake, made of two laminated layers of the industry's most durable materials, was the first of its kind. No other shingle replicates the look of real wood shakes quite so stunningly. The added tougher fiberglass base to help achieve the highest impact resistant rating from U.L. This shingle has been tested to withstand the impact of a 2" steel ball being dropped from 20 feet in the air. In some areas, insurance companies offer homeowner discounts if you install an impact-resistant shingle.
- Impact resistant: UL 2218 Class 4 ratiing
- Fiber glass-based construction
- 355 lbs. per square
- UL Class A fire resistance rating
- UL certified to meet ASTM D3462
- Conforms to CSA standard A123.5
Applying a roof system correctly is essential to the warranty and performance of the roof. Please refer to the installation instructions for complete details. Available in both English and Spanish.
CertainTeed warrants that its shingles will be free of manufacturing defects, and provides the extra assurance of SureStart™ protection. Below are highlights of the warranty for Presidential Shake® IR. See CertainTeed's Asphalt Shingle Products Limited Warranty document for specific warranty details regarding this product.
- Lifetime, limited transferable warranty
- 10-year SureStart™ warranty that covers 100% of replacement and labor costs due to manufacturing defects
- 15-year StreakFighter® warranty against streaking and discoloration caused by airborne algae
- 15-year, 110 mph wind-resistance warranty
- Wind warranty upgrade is available for up to 130 mph. Specified CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip and ridge are required.