CertainTeed's Highland Slate has the look, texture and tone of natural slate with a dark shadow line to accentuate its appeal from the curb. Each tab is individually colored by state of the art Precision Color technology to provide a rich, deep, hue and its four-across tab is the ideal design to deliver color, contrast, and perfection when installed.
Wind, rain, snow, ice – this slate-like shingle performs at its best when the weather is at its worst. Highland Slate is rated where the winds howl – 110 mph – and it carries a full wind-resistance warranty.
The weave, pattern and fleck of natural slate is in the essence of the character that Highland Slate brings to your roof. With six premium color blends, Highland Slate is a smooth finish to rugged protection.
Highland Slate is also offered in 4 colors in a Class 4 Impact Resistant version for added protection in areas prone to severe weather conditions.
Beauty. Value. Protection. And a lifetime limited transferable warranty against manufacturing defects on residential applications. Protect yourself against the elements with the old-world affordable luxury of Highland Slate.
- Single layer fiber glass-based construction
- Blended shades and dimensional appearance of natural slate
- 8" exposure, 18" x 36" size
- 240 lbs. per square
- UL Certified to meet ASTM D3018, Type 1
- UL 790 Class A Fire Resistance
- ASTM E 108 Class A Fire Resistance
- UL 2390/ASTM D 6381 Class H Wind Resistance
- ASTM D3161, Class F 110 mph Wind Resistance
- Miami-Dade Product Control Acceptance: Please see the Notice of Acceptance (NOA) to determine approved products by manufacturing location.
Applying a roof system correctly is essential to the warranty and performance of the roof. Please refer to the installation instructions for complete details. Available in both English and Spanish.
CertainTeed warrants that its shingles will be free from manufacturing defects, and provides the extra assurance of SureStart™ protection. Below are highlights of the warranty for Highland Slate®. See CertainTeed's Asphalt Shingle Products Limited Warranty document for specific warranty details regarding this product.
- Lifetime limited transferable warranty against manufacturing defects on residential applications
- 50-year limited transferable warranties against manufacturing defects on group owned or commercial applications
- 15-year StreakFighter® algae-resistant warranty
- 10-year SureStart™ protection
- 15-year 110 mph wind-resistance warranty
- Wind warranty upgrade is available for up to 130 mph. Specified CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip and ridge are required.
Highland Slate® asphalt roofing shingles are available for Export. Please review the related Export documents for additional information.